Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Tiggy, are you just messing with us? If you're no, then you must know that story/test isn't worth the paper it was printed on. Do a search over on the Raptor Mod forum and you'll find out how bogus that test was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sikraptor700 said:
I wish people would stop posting that crappy link
I meant no harm. Perhaps you can enlighten why it's so crappy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
815 Posts
Just look over the threads on this website.... or do a search about the muffler shootout..... there is a thread that is MANY pages long.... many members added their comments.... abt how it was an unequal shootout and many other things..... instead of people describing everything to you... just do a search or something.... and read through the pages...

Plattner
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
In a nutshell the test wasn't scientific/fair. To do a test like that you need to be consistent and compare apples-to-apples not someone's slip on to someone else's full system with a fuel box, and so on.

Again, do some reading over on the Raptor Mods board, lot of debate (including some fresh commentary) on that poor excuse for a test.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips, I will do some reading in the mods section to see what people have to say about it.

:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,514 Posts
....all in all, just get a full name brand exhaust and you'll get more horsepower...they are all "pretty" much the same HP increase., not 100%, but pretty close, close enough that you'll never notice unless your a hard core gearhead...the only real big difference i would say is dual LTE's would be better.....and there you have it...the rest of the story,.. i'm paul harvey...goodnight..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Tiggyboot said:
sikraptor700 said:
I wish people would stop posting that crappy link
I meant no harm. Perhaps you can enlighten why it's so crappy.
Don't worry bout it tiggy dude.. sometimes noobs get very little compassion from seasoned forum pros because so many peeps are too lazy to search. Most noobs dont know just how much info is in these pages and the somewhat heated discussions over topics they wish would kinda go away. Does'nt mean these guys dont like you, it's the learning curve thing. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,446 Posts
NICK said:
only real big difference i would say is dual LTE's would be better.....
Even the LTE's are not a "big" difference you a will only gain about 2 horses over the others, but the LTE's are better in the long run if you plan on doing engine work. Oh and the LTE's look sick.

If you are only doing the exhaust, intake and contoller and don't care about the look then you would be just fine on an aftermarket single and save a bunch of money. JMO

I of course am going with the LTE's, because my wife loves the way they look and I would rather spend the extra $200-300 and have the best.

Barkers are also good for people that hill shoot or drag race, because they have great flow, but they are outside the frame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
824 Posts
pile0g00 said:
NICK said:
only real big difference i would say is dual LTE's would be better.....
Even the LTE's are not a "big" difference you a will only gain about 2 horses over the others, but the LTE's are better in the long run if you plan on doing engine work. Oh and the LTE's look sick.

If you are only doing the exhaust, intake and contoller and don't care about the look then you would be just fine on an aftermarket single and save a bunch of money. JMO

I of course am going with the LTE's, because my wife loves the way they look and I would rather spend the extra $200-300 and have the best.

Barkers are also good for people that hill shoot or drag race, because they have great flow, but they are outside the frame.
yea i love the way the LTE's look, i think when the time comes for me to buy i will go with them :)
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top