Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought an 01 rappy with lots of add on bars,nerf bars,pipe,one way,etc.
over winter i have spent $1500 on it doing armidillo aarms gforce axle ss break lines dr.d reverse,protaper bars with 1 1/2 bar risers as well as lots of blingy stuff.the point im trying to get at is i have had this machine for limited time and the more i ride it am figuring i am WAY to big for it im 6'4 and 300lbs and can ride it fine but am noticing the cockpit is a little small is there any thing i can do to increase the space, i also have an 06 grizzly 660 that i love to ride but needed somthing sporty,if there is no way to help this situation i was thinkin going with a renegade what do you think?

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Sorry you feel it is too small - I love mine and I'm 6'3" 270lb... it's bigger than my 400ex's and I like the size.

Sport quads are always somewhat smaller than utes - so you can throw them around... Maybe a little more experience on it will help change your mind?

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
try bar risers or a longer steering stem that will get the bars off your knees and improve your riding posture... what exactly feels to small?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i bought an 01 rappy with lots of add on bars,nerf bars,pipe,one way,etc.
over winter i have spent $1500 on it doing armidillo aarms gforce axle ss break lines dr.d reverse,protaper bars with 1 1/2 bar risers as well as lots of blingy stuff.the point im trying to get at is i have had this machine for limited time and the more i ride it am figuring i am WAY to big for it im 6'4 and 300lbs and can ride it fine but am noticing the cockpit is a little small is there any thing i can do to increase the space, i also have an 06 grizzly 660 that i love to ride but needed somthing sporty,if there is no way to help this situation i was thinkin going with a renegade what do you think?
Whatever floats your boat, never heard this before that the raptor is too sma:)ll..............

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Sorry you feel it is too small - I love mine and I'm 6'3" 270lb... it's bigger than my 400ex's and I like the size.

Sport quads are always somewhat smaller than utes - so you can throw them around... Maybe a little more experience on it will help change your mind?
I ride a 700 but I'm sure there's not much difference. I'm 6'3" and 245 and I'm fine on mine. It may take some getting used to coming coming from oversized utes. Hopefully just get used to it being smaller being it's a sport quad. If you think that's small go hop on any model 450 sport quad I feel cramped on them.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I felt cramped on my Raptor when I first got it but I like it now. I put taller bars on mine and love it now. I will extend my stem one day but have to much going on with it now. I bet a DS650 won't feel small to you lol. Thats what I use to ride and its made for big people. Just no support for the DS's like there is for the Raptors. I am 6'6" about 260 so I'm not a small guy but I still fit my 660 but I agree it is small compared to Utility Atv's just takes getting use to.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not really worried about the extra cash ,its better to spend a little and ride than it is to be uncomfortable./or sell.
I do have bar risers and protaper raptor bend bars, I find the seat to bar is ok but the feet to seat is harder to get used to i can ride it just fine and throw my weight around fine but after about a half hour i find myself riding it like a harley and resting my feet on the front of my nerf bars lol
I have riden my friends yfz 450 its fun to rip around on but its like a dog humping a football,the cockpit is a little small.
I know its possibe to lower the foot pegs about an inch and i might try this but does anyone think this will work with nerfbars and heal guards?
and thanks for all your comments.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
willykiller while i have your attention, next winter i was hoping to contact you about a 3 plugger,over the summer i want to gather parts for this inprovement a little at a time what kind of exhaust do you think would be the best choice.
single,dual,and brand?, i ride trails and like alot of torq i have an fmf power core 4 with mega bomb that came with the bike but i know some other brands will increase hp

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was hopen someone would say that lol

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
+1 on the monster duals :thumbsup:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does anyone think the foot peg idea will work?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
IMO, the Barker cans look best, but because of the OOF, I would stay away from them. The In-Frames look much cleaner. I think that a taller seat would look sort of funny. If you dropped the pegs an inch, would there be enough space for the shift lever to move down?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
does anyone think the foot peg idea will work?
I'm sure it would help a bit, but it's still just an inch so I don't think it will change your problem much. Maybe get your seat repacked thicker, I dunno?

What I do know is you won't be much better on a Renegade. The steering vs footpeg ratio on that machine is all wrong IMHO. If you're coming from a Grizzly you'll notice it even more. I had a 660 Grizz and went to a Renegade and I hated the riding position on the Renegade, it's horrible.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good to know thanks

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I'm sure it would help a bit, but it's still just an inch so I don't think it will change your problem much. Maybe get your seat repacked thicker, I dunno?

What I do know is you won't be much better on a Renegade. The steering vs footpeg ratio on that machine is all wrong IMHO. If you're coming from a Grizzly you'll notice it even more. I had a 660 Grizz and went to a Renegade and I hated the riding position on the Renegade, it's horrible.
Everything BOMBardier makes is junk............:D :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts