Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be the wrong place for this post but I'm really upset. I've called every place on the Yamaha website that has/had/will have a Raptor 700 and everyone one is either sold, has shipping damage, or they have no idea when they'll get another one. The inventory is so small. I really want to get one and it's really frustrating. Again this might not be the best place. If anyone knows a dealership that has a new one, 2021 or 2020, please send me a DM.

/rant

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
It's ongoing.
I got my new 2020 a year ago...I called 70+dealers in 11 states on the east coast, over a few months.
I finally found one 6 hours away and waited about a month for it to show up.
They are only made at the Georgia plant.
Issues there and with supliers are the hold up.
700's pre-ordered by dealers ship to them.
Overflow is shipped out to the shipping containers from Japan, and joins the rest of the excess inventory that dealers pull from when they or a customer wants a machine(s).
Problem there is there has not been enough 2021's made yet to meet current demand.
I live in Va, bought mine in Pa, and they had got it from a shipping container in Wa.
You need to put a deposit somewhere to hold one, at multiple dealers depending on what they want.
This dealer took my debit card over the phone, said they'de need a $100 deposit, never charged me, and called when it showed up, also charged me $150+ under retail in a market that they could've gotten $1600 over for. Waynesburg Yamaha, Pa, awesome dealer, which sadly is rare.
Just keep calling around and be ready to buy as soon as you find it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's ongoing.
I got my new 2020 a year ago...I called 70+dealers in 11 states on the east coast, over a few months.
Overflow is shipped out to the shipping containers from Japan, and joins the rest of the excess inventory that dealers pull from when they or a customer wants a machine(s).
Problem there is there has not been enough 2021's made yet to meet current demand.
I live in Va, bought mine in Pa, and they had got it from a shipping container in Wa.
You need to put a deposit somewhere to hold one, at multiple dealers depending on what they want.
This dealer took my debit card over the phone, said they'de need a $100 deposit, never charged me, and called when it showed up, also charged me $150+ under retail in a market that they could've gotten $1600 over for. Waynesburg Yamaha, Pa, awesome dealer, which sadly is rare.
Good luck.
I appreciate it. Glad the struggle is not just my poor luck. I’ve called 10+ dealers up to 14 hour drive away and the only one two I could get atm is $1500 marked up, not cool, and one with some shipping damage that apparently is only cosmetic and awaiting parts (bumber rubbed until no paint, rear plastic messed up, puncture in the seat). I asked if they test drove it and they said no it’s still in the crate. Said I could buy as is and they would either fix the parts or ship them to me (cus it’s like 7 1/2 hours away.) what do you think of that? Feel like I need to be more patient.

yeah I need to find one I can put a deposit on. Just seems like it won’t be until spring until I can get one but it’s better than setting and getting gouged.

appreciate your reply.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I tried to buy one here on the west coast. The only place you can get one on the west coast I could find is So. Cal and it will cost you over 13k plus shipping. Any other place here they were presold months ago and most dealers only got a few. I got lucky and found a 20 that had less than a gallon of gas ran through it. I will be buying another new one when they are available and the price is below msrp. Right now that may be 1-2-3 years away. I feel no need to be raped by greedy dealers. But I have 3, if I didn't have any I may have been getting out the vasoline ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This might be the wrong place for this post but I'm really upset. I've called every place on the Yamaha website that has/had/will have a Raptor 700 and everyone one is either sold, has shipping damage, or they have no idea when they'll get another one. The inventory is so small. I really want to get one and it's really frustrating. Again this might not be the best place. If anyone knows a dealership that has a new one, 2021 or 2020, please send me a DM.

/rant
Hello
I have a 2020 700R with zero hours for sale, clear title. Since I'm new I can't send you a dm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's ongoing.
Good luck.
I had to go threw the same to get my raptor an after calling a crap laod of dealers i ended up settling on a 2020 700r se. They are the hardest quad to source out unless you are willing to drive out of state.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Market has died here in just the last month or so. Ones that would have sold in a day or 2 have not. The sellers are still listing with high prices but they are not selling. Looks like the beginning of the end of used ones selling for over MSRP of a new one.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Market has died here in just the last month or so. Ones that would have sold in a day or 2 have not. The sellers are still listing with high prices but they are not selling. Looks like the beginning of the end of used ones selling for over MSRP of a new one.
People are really feeling inflation. Recession coming.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's ongoing.
Good luck.
Waited 2mos to get my new '21 Raptor 700R-SE last yr & pd MSRP plus shipping. That seems a bargain compared to these prices today. Btw mine has less than 3hrs ..never seen dirt (ridden litely in field by house). Showroom new comd in every way. Msg me if interested . I'm in Western Ohio.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Doubtful esp If the used one is in showroom cond like mine! Less than 3hrs on hr meter. Never seen dirt! Ridden in grassy field next to house. Under cover on battery tender in garage. Not sure I'd really sell it tho love the black /high viz yellow scheme.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Waited 2mos to get my new '21 Raptor 700R-SE last yr & pd MSRP plus shipping. That seems a bargain compared to these prices today. Btw mine has less than 3hrs ..never seen dirt (ridden litely in field by house). Showroom new comd in every way. Msg me if interested . I'm in Western Ohio.
I'm not looking for one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
LOta fmgoid
It's ongoing.
Good luck.
Lots good Powersports dealers in PA. I've heard that often . I'm in Western Ohio so more practical for me to go to Indiana If necessary but luckily after 2mos wait w/dep I got my '21 Raptor 700R-SE from nearby Yamaha/Kawasaki/Suzuki/KTM dealer in Findley, OH. Pd MSRP but that's the norm everywhere. They threw in 1gal Maxima oil /1 OEM oil filter & bottle Maxima SC-1. Has less than 5hrs still! Lol . Have '10 YFZ450X Bill Ballance I bought new from MI dealer in summer '11..that's still like new. Amazing machine!
I'm not looking for one.
Well that's great. Maybe someone else is. Got a dep on a '22 YFZ450R here at western Ohio Yamaha/Suzuki/KTM dealer hope it arrives soon!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts