Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted everyone to know that the same Impulse turbo systems we use on our 300+hp Yamaha Nytro snowmobiles will be offered very soon for the Raptor 700. Kit will include front mount intercooler, new radiator, extra 750cc injector, Hybrid GT28RS/Tial housing combo, stand alone fuel injection. Stuff is top notch and no cutting corners here. Also with the stand alone fuel injection you plug in the ECU and go. Here is a few sneek pics... will have pricing and install prices soon:D

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Developed exclusively for use with Impulse Turbo Systems this standalone fuel management system comes complete with injector, 3 bar external barometric pressure sensor, 3 bar external boost pressure sensor, coolant temp sensor, air intake sensor, wiring harness and ECU. Gas and go with no user adjustments required.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Do you have any dyno results? I would like to do some comparisons!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Dyno results yet, waiting on the radiators to be finished up(which will be stock location), hoping to have one on the dyno/ dunes for fathers day. On our sleds we have found nothing spools up as fast or is well designed as Impulse kits. We have a whole season of of boosting our 130hp Nytro to 350hp with no problems what so ever. Here is a little vid of our sled and some pics...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeE2FQFZsWs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opuPDRYYhZo

Attachments

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Seems the NW likes it's Turbies :D Welcome to the site Xtreme. I'm just down south a bit in Oly. Lookin forward to seeing how these work out for ya ! Saw a few turbo bikes in tha sand this past weekend. Very tempting !!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I tell you after riding 300hp on boost this winter I want to turbo everything lol I even think I could get the lawn mowed faster with a few puonds of boost:D Look for are new shop opening the August in the Kent,Wa area.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i run a stand alone , does fuel timing lag nos 8 injectors if i want
does it all and been running for 3 years now,

its a good thing\

nice set up by the way,

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just like the set up we run on the sleds, its a seperate ECU that is used along with the stock one. It controls all the fuel, altitude and boost compensation. Real nice set up, we run pump fuel on are sleds to play ride then just dump race fuel in and turn the boost up to do some racing, no adjustments needed. Here is a pic of the ECU on one of our Nytro's, the Raptor one will look the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
there are many aftermarket ecm that you can configure the trigger patterns to work from raptors, like haltech platinum for example and have indefinite engine management control,but not waterproof.

·
Registered
97 Posts
what about a vipec marine v44?
It will be water resistant but I am not too sure that its really any more vibration resistant than any other box. Its also not very small :(

We tried a pre-release AEM FIC4 on mine but at the time the AEM engineer in charge seemed to have difficulty understanding we needed the trigger input and output to be the same. PC3/5 handles all the issues now for us anyway.

I see one point of fail I cannot let go....

Everyone knows Coors Light is what you drink when you work on cars and bikes :D LOL.

Fab looks nice guys.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Aaron, Light beer?

I dont know if I can help you on your bike any more... I cant end up drinking coors light if i come by :(

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well I tell you after riding 300hp on boost this winter I want to turbo everything lol I even think I could get the lawn mowed faster with a few puonds of boost:D Look for are new shop opening the August in the Kent,Wa area.
I want you tube of that lawn mower!! Sounds very interesting, hope your work with sleds translates over to the 700. Keep us up to date.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well it was mostly a joke, but I cant stand bud. When I am working on my Chevelle the Coors doesnt interfere if I get a half rack deep by the end of the day. Heff and anything from Deschutes is normal fair.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have a custom built water proof stand alone computer system for my raptor
and it is as small as the stock one a few mm bigger,,

complete stand alone management even plugs in to the old computer harnes plug,

got them for RZR as well, and rhinos

·
Registered
621 Posts
Seriously cool bet them snow mobiles are fast :cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts