Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well with almost a year of testing under are belt the Impulse Turbo kit has proven to one of the fastest spooling, hardest running Turbo kits out there. We have ran everything from stock motors to full on 860 race motors, all with the same kit and no tuning required. We can set you up with a fun dunner or build a motor to get the most out of the turbo kit. All components on this kit are top notch and no corners where cut here.

$5500.00

**FREE INSTAL UNTIL JUNE 12th!**

VIDEO>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7yDd22LNnY&feature=youtu.be

Features include:

28RS Garret ball bearing/Tial hybrid externally wastegated turbocharger
321SS short thick wall header for ultimate turbo spool up
V-band dual downpipes, 3” SS Downpipe with 1.5” SS downpipe exiting wastegate
Tial V-band wastegate
Tial 50mm Q Blow off valve
Airbox supported in frame to prevent blow offs
Extra 750cc injector and full return fuel system
Large front mount intercooler, cooler air charge = more power
Fully tuneless EFI system, runs in closed loop with the O2 sensor and allows for future engine modifications (big bore, headwork, cams, ect) without reprogramming the ECU
Impulse ECU automatically adjust fuel for altitude and air temp so you can ride wherever you may choose with no dyno tuning needed
Absolutely no tuning required, plug and play, set your boost from 8 psi to 20 psi and ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! If you had up what we have in this kit it is very well priced. Our Tial blow valve cost as much as some turbo kits Chinese turbos! Nice thing to is you can start out with a stock bike and upgrade your motor as you go and the Turbo kit can take whatever you throw at it!

http://youtu.be/T7yDd22LNnY

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
man! love the well thought design. 8)
i know it takes a lot of R&D but still find it a lot of money compared other systems like d7 or so.
what does your kit make up for the extra money we have to pay comparing to other "respected" kits.?
the closed loop system is a fantastic feature for sure.
hope not to offend you in any way.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
man! love the well thought design. 8)
i know it takes a lot of R&D but still find it a lot of money compared other systems like d7 or so.
what does your kit make up for the extra money we have to pay comparing to other "respected" kits.?
the closed loop system is a fantastic feature for sure.
hope not to offend you in any way.
Full closed loop system is a spendy feature, but it's very nice to have. Also has the external wastegate, and extra injector. For the high HP kits it usually cost more, my Nsane setup with the oilless high output turbo, and fuel return system, is about $4500, and it doesn't have any standalone. The standard kits the most companies produce are around 3400

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
ok clear, it looks killer for sure.

i hope next year to buy a turbosystem from one the turbo guys but it,s a damn tuff decision because you all make pretty amazing systems.
want to find a set that works perfect,makes a hp of 100-120 with the mods i have and still be a bit reliable.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No offense taken. Well to start off the stand alone is about a $1500 dollar set up right off the bat vs a $300 power commander. Also the Garret ball bearing turbo with Tial housing is a $1500 set up, some kits come with lesser quality turbos. We also have a Tial external waste gate($275), Tail blow off valve($275), again these parts are some of the best out there. This kit is designed to be the best of the best, no need to upgrade later down the road. All the little things like an extra injector, custom wiring harness, large volume inter cooler, water jet radiator brackets, return style fuel system, turbo smart boost controller, it all adds up real quick. Plus you don't need to have it Dyno tuned when you install it or make any adjustment for engine mods. Think you will find that any other kit offering the same performance, adjustable, reliability and Hp output will be in the same price range when said and done.

·
734RStreetScraper
358 Posts
fully understood.
thanks for the useful comment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does your system control both the primary and secondary injectors or just the secondary? Also can you explain to me what a closed loop system is? I was recently at raptor rally and saw the English and D7 racing bikes all over the place but didn't see yours, were you there? I am in the market for a system but wanted to see them all in action before I pulled the trigger. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We can control both injectors, right now we have full control over the fuel. We will have full timing control here in the next month also. Been dialing it in on the Apex and Nytro snowmobiles all year long, just need to finish the raptor now. Little about the Stand alone...

A standalone injection system is a system that does not modify the stock injection signal. Piggyback systems alter and add pulse width to the stock injection signal. On the sleds we run one injector per cylinder, all receiving signal from the Impulse ECU which is run in parallel with the stock ECU. The stock ECU runs the ignition, stock gauge, stock shut off switches, oil pressure alert, etc while the Impulse ECU controls the fuel injection. Typically the Impulse ECU will receive inputs from a MAP(boost pressure), barometer, TPS, water temp, air temp, crank and or cam sensor, and 02 ratio to control the fuel injector pulse width much like the stock system does with some benefits. The Raptor system uses the same circuitry as the sleds however it leaves the stock injection system in place also. We did this so we could have the potential fuel needed to reach well over 100 hp without having to run a 1000+ cc injector and having the low speed and idling issue associated with that. On the Raptor 700R turbo a base map is used with fuel corrections applied by the sensors, plus a O2 correction to allow for modifications in the future without reprogramming. This system is only programmable by Impulse, it was designed to keep the user from having to mess with it, driving around constantly monitoring gauges and adjusting buttons or using a laptop to tune. Its designed to let the computer and sensors monitor the engine much like your car or truck.

We were at Raptor Rally for a day, we didn't receive our RD trans in time so we only lasted a few minutes before the stock trans let go. Here it is at lower boost shifting from 2nd to 4th from a bad trans running against the yellow HDD bike.

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg48/ORduner/?action=view&current=MVI_0743.mp4

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Progress on the timing side of the stand alone is coming along. Paul at Impulse told me of a cool feature, I can now make a pass up the hill and he can make adjustments from his lap top at the bottom of the hill for tuning. We might have switch on the box to allow for a pump/race fuel or a low/big boost option. Could be used to add or minus timing where needed depending on what you want to do with it. So you could dump some c16 in it and flip a switch and it would give more timing on the bottom to burn the fuel and pull it away at the top to help with detonation. Should be an exciting year for Impulse!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had a few emails about running E-85 or methanol. Are goal is to have switch one the Impulse Ecu to be able to have to different maps, we will be testing with both fuels and you can switch between them with just a flip of a switch. Also the new system with get rid of all factory yamaha wiring and ECU.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I talked with Paul about this the other day and he has plans for that in the future for sure, should have more info here soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.