Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the non polished shifter. Been looking around and that is the only one the sale on there site now. So my quesition is I need a longer shifter would one for a YFZ450 IMS polished shifter work on my raptor? Looking for a shifter that is about the same lenght just without the linkage crap.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Look at the Pro-design shifter. The IMS and Roll shifters work well but are a tad on the short side. Pro-design is more expensive than the steel IMS but about the same price as the Roll shifter. Chozen also makes a direct shifter which I believe is availible from alba.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reason for getting the chrome IMS one is I can get it for $40 bucks. Do you know how much shorter then the stock one? I emailed them but never got a response back. I will look into the pro design ones.

·
Registered
735 Posts
havent had a prob with my stock one. I dont like the feel of the 700's shifter. Id be afraid that the leverage ratio would be different. What are the pros/cons of this set up? I have a hard time justifying that kind of money on a shift lever.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I have been told the tusk levers were oem replacements, not necessarily always direct/linkless. I'd call and find out before I bought, or for the few bucks be prepared to eat the cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.