Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 01 raptor has something wrong and for the past six months i cannot figure out what it is. It iddles perfectly fine but when you go to give it some throttle all it does is backfire loudly or just dies. so far i have cleaned the carbs, set the jets, rebuilt the carbs, changed my cdi box, checked the valves, checked the timing. it is like when i give it gas the engine starts to missfire, this is my last resort, if anyone has had this problem or knows anything please tell me whats going on and how i can fix it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
probably your parking break sensor. go to the maintance thread and there is a write up called "How To: Remove Parking Break Sensor" click on it and it will show you what to do.

·
Registered
206 Posts
actually its right below this thread :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
This was definitely Yamaha's greatest f-up. How many times a day do we see someone with this same problem?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot man that was exactly the problem, cant wait to go riding now. see you on the trails :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.