Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah the engine mounts and all other external connections (intake, exhaust, wire harness...) are exactly the same for all 660's.

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just found a tranny on ebay for like $200 off of an 03 and the guy says it'll work in my 01. i know there is a difference between the 01s and newer..does anyone know if itll actually bolt right in?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The 03 bottom end will bolt right up to your 01 top end. Theres a few minor differences inside of the bottom end like gear ratio that are different but that wont matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright thanks for the help..one last question, when i bought my bike i was under the impression it was an 02 so i ordered a manual for an 02 and then i found out the bike is an 01..is there really a big enough difference between an 01 and 02 that i should return the manual for the right one or should i be good

·
Registered
197 Posts
The manual should say what years it supports. Im sure it 01 through 05. Even if it wasn't there very few difference between the machines to worry about. You also dont have to buy the manual you can just download it for free. I have a PDF copy if you need one. Just PM me and Ill email it as an attachment.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot about the CDI was different on 02+ models, my bad...

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
the only thing you need to change is the cdi and harness

NO! This is the common mistake - but incorrect. ANY engine will work with ANY harness/CDI combo.

It's the CDI and harness that have to match each other - ANY harness will connect up to ANY engine. So, if you currently have a matching harness and CDI, ANY year engine will drop right in.

SO, again, an 01 CDI for 01 harness, an 02+ CDI for 02+ harness... with ANY year of engine and you're good to go.

Of course, if you have mis-matched harness and CDI, you can change the harness CDI connector pin arrangement as per my sticky... but you don't need that - you've already got a matching 01 harness / CDI.

You just need an engine, ANY year engine, period.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts