Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched and only found few very old topics, trying to understant what handlebar to buy, what are all those parts such as clamp, stem and so, what size should i get? i saw 3/4, 7/8 and 1.1/8? there are low mid and high, models like pro taper, renthal and more (flexx is too expensive) and so on and so on.
what are you running, recommending?
thanks! :wow:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
What handle bar are you currently running? Do you feel comfortable with that bar or would you like them taller/shorter. Most factory handle bar clamps are 7/8th, and when going to a Pro Taper Contour or a Renthal Fat bar you must have a 1 1/8th clamp. You can do this by purchasing a new clamp to mount on the stock steering stem or by purchasing Rox Risers clamps that mount on the existing factory clamps.

Take Care
www.kbmatv.com
270-774-1982

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks kb, i run the stock handle bar right now, beacuse ive never ridden on a mod handle bar i dont know how its like or should be, i fill good with the stock one because i dont know anything eles, i think a shorter one would be better, eh im confused..

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I heard from someone on here, I think it was Tahitian, that you should never take a bar cross off it it has one:confused:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
BUMP
guys what handlebar setup are you running?
Stock bar is bad because of the vibration.
So I went with a ProTaper Evolution (Raptor bend) on a LoneStar steering stem with a LoneStar anti-vibe bar clamp.Then I put Fasst vibration dampers in the bar ends and topped off with ProTaper triple layer grips.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I heard from someone on here, I think it was Tahitian, that you should never take a bar cross off it it has one:confused:
Atvs don't need cross bars, thats why the stock ones are sold without them. And once I told Tahitian about how the bars flex more and absorb more vibration equalling less arm pump from taking the crossbar off he said he'd try it out... way to pass on something u heard before verifying it and hijacking this guys thread at the same time. Crossbars are for dirt bikes just sayin...

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Atvs don't need cross bars, thats why the stock ones are sold without them. And once I told Tahitian about how the bars flex more and absorb more vibration equalling less arm pump from taking the crossbar off he said he'd try it out... way to pass on something u heard before verifying it and hijacking this guys thread at the same time. Crossbars are for dirt bikes just sayin...
Thanks For the info 686!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts