Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i want to know how can i knowing if my electricity is good or bad ?

and if the regulateur is work in good condition?

and my battery good or bad?

my vehicle is yamaha raptor 660 2002

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Does the bike start? Then measure battery voltage when engine is running well above idle. Is it 14V or above? If so, everything is fine... if not, tell us what your symptoms are - your questions are too vague. Don't ask us to define everything as good, tell us what's wrong.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok

Does the bike start? Then measure battery voltage when engine is running well above idle. Is it 14V or above? If so, everything is fine... if not, tell us what your symptoms are - your questions are too vague. Don't ask us to define everything as good, tell us what's wrong.
my problem is wjen i press the button of the start the starter solenoid give a liteile sound and he dont turn the ongine and my battery is new. soo i want to know my problem is with the starter solenoid or another parts?

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
First, fully charge the battery. Then short across the two large lugs of the solenoid with a big screwdriver (ignore the sparks). Does the starter turn now?

If not, it could be battery or connections to the battery. Measure battery voltage when pressing the start button. If below 9-10V or so, the battery may be the problem (not fully charged or bad). If above 10V, then measure at the output of the solenoid where the cable goes to the starter, again, when pressing the start button.. what is it? If 9-10 or above, then measure down at the cable lug on the starter. What is it? If 9-10 or above, the starter is somehow being kept from turning - bad starter, siezed motor, etc. If below, there's too much drop in the cable.

Following the above measurements (all made while pressing the start button), find where voltage drops significantly, this will tell you which cable (if any) is damaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts