Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received two new rear razr ballance tires and had them freshly mounted on the 700r for todays ride. The initial reaction was great, excellent hookup and control. I was liking them better than the razr 2's I had on my previous 660r. These were definitely the best tires, I thought, I had ever tried.

After some tight trails and hillshooting I decided to go to an open stretch to see how they grabbed. Again, hooked up incredibly and was loving it. Then it happened. Right in the middle of an open stretch with very few rocks/gravel, I slid my rear around and slashed not one but two holes in the sidewall. I was flat within seconds running 5lbs. One hole was about half an inch gash right in the middle of the side wall, the other just above the rim at the bead.

Im still wondering if it was a coincidence. Did I hit something sharp in the road or what. Im not sure but definitely disheartening to lose a brand new tire 30 minutes into the ride.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
What ply are they? I always get the 6 ply regardless of weight.
I have the razr 2's and love them but my fronts are still stock. It is glued to the road in the rear but the front pushes and slides pretty bad. Way too lose up there haha!
Oh and just tube it so you dont have to buy a whole new tire :)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Received two new rear razr ballance tires and had them freshly mounted on the 700r for todays ride. The initial reaction was great, excellent hookup and control. I was liking them better than the razr 2's I had on my previous 660r. These were definitely the best tires, I thought, I had ever tried.

After some tight trails and hillshooting I decided to go to an open stretch to see how they grabbed. Again, hooked up incredibly and was loving it. Then it happened. Right in the middle of an open stretch with very few rocks/gravel, I slid my rear around and slashed not one but two holes in the sidewall. I was flat within seconds running 5lbs. One hole was about half an inch gash right in the middle of the side wall, the other just above the rim at the bead.

Im still wondering if it was a coincidence. Did I hit something sharp in the road or what. Im not sure but definitely disheartening to lose a brand new tire 30 minutes into the ride.

Ok this is good to know, im not a maxxis fan at all but i was eyeing these cause the lug pattern looked good for the grip i want. Once again though it looks like ill keep running itp , let us know if the side you don't tube does the same thing thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts