Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my 700's running alittle lean. i tweaked the commander where its getting max fuel. im new to the 700's, but does this mean i need to bump to the next size up injector or different power commander? as of now its a 734cc with +2 valves web4... its the stock injector from what i can see (green). should i move up to the next size injector?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
my 700's running alittle lean. i tweaked the commander where its getting max fuel. im new to the 700's, but does this mean i need to bump to the next size up injector or different power commander? as of now its a 734cc with +2 valves web4... its the stock injector from what i can see (green). should i move up to the next size injector?
when u say TWEEKED do u mean you raised the face button settings? that is the vary basic tuning method on the POWER COMMANDER, u need the software and use cable to make map changes or change th map

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i just adjusted the settings on the commander it self. can i hook it up to the pc in the house and load a new map or do i have to have it on the bike?. im kind of leaning twards buying a controller that has the screw adjustments on it. im running one on my other 700 and it seems to work great.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
dont buy another controller, use a Laptop and usb cable, start the bike and u can send another map to it... if you really want your bike to run good then u need to take the time, and spend the money to get a dyno tune... where u out of?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
The power commanders are the best controllers out there, try a different map or get it dyno'd and forget about it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont buy another controller, use a Laptop and usb cable, start the bike and u can send another map to it... if you really want your bike to run good then u need to take the time, and spend the money to get a dyno tune... where u out of?
im out of bakersfield, ca. as far as i know there arent any dyno's that do ATVs that are within 120 miles. it runs good now, but pops and backfires when its cold and when it gets up to running temp it runs a little hot for what i like...pulled the plug and its a little white. I plan on getting duals and a different intake for it pretty soon....im new to the fuel injection so im still learning about the 700's.

·
Premium Member
3,478 Posts
High Desert Dyno (Dl700) is in Hesperia, that's not super far away from you and worth the trip from what I've read on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts