Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you use an inline fuel filter? And if so whats the best one to get? I put one on my 660 when i noticed contaminants sitting in the bottom of my fuel tank. Think ill be putting one on my new 700 also. I figure it cant hurt.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Wouldn't there already be a fuel filter? I'd only be a bit concerned of affecting the fuel rail pressure...and possibly leaning it out. But I'm only speculating.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really dont think there is a fuel filter. my 660 didnt have one. I dont think quads come stock with fuel filters. I was just looking for everyones opinion on the filter idea and was wondering if anyone else has installed one. I have no idea if it would lean it out or not but i dont see why it would. I imagine you would want to get a high volume inline filter and not a small restrictive one.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I added one on my 660 too but havent thought about the 700 yet. I dont see how it could hurt though but not sure since I am new to the FI thing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
my 660 came with a filter..if u unscrew the fuel shut off valve on the tank of a 660 it has a really really fine screen to filter stuff..im sure the 700 has something similar

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would have to say the filter is built inside the fuel pump, which means there is no fuel line going from the tank to the carburator to put a inline fuel filter like the 660.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
There is a snap on fuel filter on the fuel pump pick-up inside the tank. See the detail to the lower right of this picture. It's quite big so I don't think it will need service for a LONG time.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
You cant put a in line fuel filter on it. The hose is metal reinforced and it wont seal up good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts