Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have new 39mm FCR's, the Trinity intake, Old style LTE's. The accelerator pump on the carb touches my pipe. I took the pipe off and dented it in a little where the ap hits but it still touches. Am I going to fry my new carbs AP?

Incidentally, I jetted per Willy's suggestions and the quad sounds completely different with the FCR's. It sounds like a beast, really intimidating, just by gassing it in the garage.. The throttle return spring seems a little heavy. I may wear out my thumb on the quad now, still, I can't wait to ride it.

Once again, can I damage the AP with it slightly touching the pipe?

thanks, Tom :)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have new 39mm FCR's, the Trinity intake, Old style LTE's. The accelerator pump on the carb touches my pipe. I took the pipe off and dented it in a little where the ap hits but it still touches. Am I going to fry my new carbs AP?

Incidentally, I jetted per Willy's suggestions and the quad sounds completely different with the FCR's. It sounds like a beast, really intimidating, just by gassing it in the garage.. The throttle return spring seems a little heavy. I may wear out my thumb on the quad now, still, I can't wait to ride it.

Once again, can I damage the AP with it slightly touching the pipe?

thanks, Tom :)
Make the dent bigger, you dont want to wear the accelerator pump housing on the pipe....or try rerouting the exhaust some.........maybe space out the muffler a little........

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Make the dent bigger, you dont want to wear the accelerator pump housing on the pipe....or try rerouting the exhaust some.........maybe space out the muffler a little........
On the throttle spring, I have unanchored the spring and let it slide around and then reanchored it..........

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is your concern the wear of the housing of the AP, or heat from the pipe being transfered to it, or both.

Great idea about the throttle return spring. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I got the easy pull spring from Terry Gesick. It was like $10, I bet its the one MD is talking about. I ordered it from gesick along with some other parts at that time but it is WAY easier to push the throttle. Well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
It wasn't hard but you do have take the slides out. Mine were brand new and in my house so it was easy. took a little while to do it but the throttle pull was way easier. I would try willys trick though. His trick usually work and are nice on the wallet.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
It wasn't hard but you do have take the slides out. Mine were brand new and in my house so it was easy. took a little while to do it but the throttle pull was way easier. I would try willys trick though. His trick usually work and are nice on the wallet.
I just used a punch to dirve the roll pin out of the piece that the cable hooks on.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a different exhaust than you but I heated up the headers and bent them out a little bit which forced the midpipe away from the AP. I also bought the lighter spring and installed it, works great.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have a different exhaust than you but I heated up the headers and bent them out a little bit which forced the midpipe away from the AP. I also bought the lighter spring and installed it, works great.
Man, you are right on the ball................:wow:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I did have success!!! I ordered and recieved a lighter throttle spring from Terry Gesick. This morning I used 03limitededitionraptors "drive the pin out" method to change the spring and it worked. I than took a long dull chisel and bashed in the dent on my old style dual LTE's for more room for the AP on the 39's. That worked!!! the AP is no longer resting against the pipe. Whoo hoo!

I than took both quads the "03" Barker build, and the "01" Vito 720, out for a test drive and break in. They both ran great and ripped!!! Next Saturday I am taking a buddy to ride with me at the Silver Lake dunes. I plan to make a video and hope to show case the quads. The is only a few Raptor 720 video's out there. Unfortunately, I would need better riders to make them look good... :D

Weather permitting, I will be at the dunes from 10:00am till 2:00pm or so next Saturday. Video to follow... ;)

Thanks guys for your help...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got my 35FCR yesterday and realized that it came with the twist throttle and push/pull cable. Does anyone know of a good thumb throttle that would work? also thinking of ordering new bars for it...debating on the flexx bars...thoughts?
Joe

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yep a carbureted YFZ450 throttle cable is all you need.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts