Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Going broke one quad upgrade at a time
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I got my barkers Duals, my PC5, and FCI intake with box. Everything is installed. Even Clipped the wire for the speed sensor and grounded it out. I had gotten two maps to try, so tried both. The first map had a ton of power, but would not idle worth a damn, hell it would barely start for me. Second map, idle was great, starts every time. But when I'm riding, it starts acting like it hits a rev limiter. Starts cutting out on me like I'm at Max RPM and I know I'm not! WTF! Very irritating. I tried to remove the Speed sensor wire from the ground that it's connected to and that didn't seem to do anything. So I reconnected it. Before you ask, yes I clipped the correct wire. Baby blue with OD green hash marks. Is this just an issue with the map I'm using? Thinking I need to have it Dyno tuned but if anyone else has had this problem I'd like to know abou it.

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a try but the First map ran way way rich.. All I can smell is fuel

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm getting so irritated. I dont know what the deal is. I take off my FCI filter and it has bends in it, almost like it's not suckin enough threw it and so it's trying to Colapse. If I leave the filter off and start it up, the thing runs great, great throttle response. Mind you, I'm not riding it anywhere, just sitting in the garage. But as soon as the filter and seat are on, it's bogging down, acting like it's hitting a rev limiter, and back firing. I'm so friggin pissed. IDK if it's a problem with the FCI filter or if I just need to get it tuned. I've tried a few maps, and I'm just not getting it to run right unless the filter is off??

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
Its just a bad map, get it Dynoed and it will be fine. These things arent as plug and play as you may wish. There are so many variables between different bikes, its hard to share maps. With that being said, you could download some other maps to try. Someone else probably has a similar set up.

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've only gotten 3 maps so far. Hard to find anyone with the PC5 to share maps. Does anyone know what the hose is for on the side of the FCI intake tube that goes to the side of the throttle body? If it's getting kinked can that cause issues? I might need to get a longer hose in there, I had cut one down and put it in there, but I noticed it keeps getting kinked over.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i feel your pain i had a stage 2, intake and x6 exhaust with 11to1 cp piston and dynatek controller and it sucked but then i got a pcv and got it dynoed 56hp hold on it gos like hell u really need that pcv big differance just my 2 cent worth

·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man I hope so.. I have an appointment to get dyno'd next weekend when I go to the dunes. I was thinking about an extreme port and polish next winter, thought about a crank, but I dont know the benefits to getting one.. My engine is still new, should I wait til it's a couple years old. get some riding out of it first? I was also thinkin new cams, then maybe later on a big bore.. what's the benefits to a higher compression piston instead of a big bore? does anyone know what good a stroker crank does for it? What mods should I do now after my big three for more power?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts