Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quad ran perfect before the upgrade.

I just got done installing a FCI intake and +3 throttle body on my 2006 Raptor 700. Went to start it up...and nothing. I went through all my connections and used di-grease for preventative maintence.

I can smell fuel when cranking. Took the plug out and did a spark test...NO SPARK.

The plug was wet when I took it out of the head.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Dynatek. Not yet at least...lol.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Did you change your map? I had no problems maybe it's map or you mess something up. Idk need more info I done left the small FCI behind and went 54wk tb talk about problems wow. But that's another story more info I may can help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not change the map at all. Yet. I am also going to install a PCV, but I want to get this figured out first.

I also read some info and checked the orange wire going into the pcm, nothing was loose.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Wait on pcv then have it pre mapped to your mods should do fine unless you missed something FCI pretty simple install. After that run base map until you can get on Dyno I picked up 4hp off a tune alone. Get her started first then go from there turn fuel down on your controller now on low end if fouling plugs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan on waiting on the PCV until I get this figured out. I can not turn down the fuel as I do not currently have a controller. Before the upgrade, I was not fouling plugs.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I bet that's problem if everything else hooked up right.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem is no spark. I did a spark test and there is no spark.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Plug can get so wet won't fire if checking without plug check coil or ignition.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still fighting this problem. What could I have possibly done while installing a +3 TB that would cause no spark?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
do you have any type fuel controler

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a PCV, but it has never been installed.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
whats all your mods? will it fire without plug in it like grounding it to something with a screw driver in plug wire? coil coulda went bad installing intake and tb don't usually cause no spark this first case I seen that it did. Plus its not smart to run it without controller with those mods. Is your pc5 pre mapped to you mods also. check all fuses then coil back to ecu IDK maybe quad machanic or willy will chime in I'm lost as you

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The FCI and +3 TB are going to be my first set of mods. It has never ran without a fuel controller. Quad was completely stock as of a few days ago, I parked it, took it apart to install the mods and then it would not start.

I took the plug out, left the boot connected, ground the electrode and hit the start button. Will turn over, but no spark.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
try coil then back track check all fuses also sorry thats the extent of ignitions its not the tb or fci i know that no wires go to them but the sesor wire

1 - 16 of 16 Posts