Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed hids with a relay just like every one else did first I had them in and I kept turning them on with the bike on then the next day battery was dead so do figured I killed it, I boosted the bike then it was fine next day it died again so i took it back and swap it for a new battery but I noticed the relay was always on so I fixed the wiring so that it only comes on when I flip the hi beam battery still good next day I went for a ride and battery was dead again I took it back to the store had them charge it a whole day so well see what happens today but what do you guys think it could be

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Those relays may draw even when the lights are off. Put a toggle switch on the 12V line going to the lights to disconnect the 12V supply. good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed up the wiring so that the relay clicks on when I flip the hi beam on r u saying its still drawing power with the circuit closed ....I'll see with a test light if it's still pulling tomorrow

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
You have not described exactly what type of relay you are using (there are different types of acutuation) and how you wired it. "Just like everyone else" doesn't give the needed info.

It's pretty obvious that initially, it was installed somehow incorrectly and drawing the battery down regardless of the state of the HID's... now with your change this may not be the case. You'll have to see what happens now.

Let us know if you still have issues.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I would start by just unplugging the replay and see if your battery dies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts