Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the dual exhaust today.Had to tie some wires back on the left side, and brake line on the right side. You don't want the brake fluid boiling, leads to break failure. Any who, since this quad comes stock with single exhaust, there is no real mounting (or factory mounting) place for the left bracket which holds the silencer. Therefore, I used the hole where the bolt was from the rear grab bar. Only thing is, the right silencers seems to sit a bit higher than the left. Any suggestions, tips, or tricks, or is this ultimately how they will sit???

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think if I mount the right side in the same location (grab bar bolt hole), they will even up. Will try in the a.m.! Bright & Early like o.j. No sleep tonight!

·
Registered
426 Posts
looking at your mods, it dosn't say anything about a fuel programmer. If thats the case you will be running super lean and risk harming the engine

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Hope it works for you. I tried every possible switch back there and mine were never even. The best I get is about a 1/4" difference in height. If you are straight befind my quad it looks like $hit. I had heard all the issues with fitment and found it true. Love the pipes for sound and performance, but...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If they are mounted in the same holes and still not even than its your subframe.
Or the strap mounts if you have those... Mine aren't even cause I have quite a bit of loose in the straps... I can straighten them but they move around and seat uneven as I ride.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Height mine are even, however they do have a little rotation to them no matter what I do to turn them back. Maybe the billet straps will fix this, but unless u know it's like that, from the back it look good

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
looking at your mods, it dosn't say anything about a fuel programmer. If thats the case you will be running super lean and risk harming the engine
Yes, if you look at my signature, it doesn't even say Barker Duals. The big 3 was added at once, although I'm having trouble with the FCI Install. Times like this, I am begging for a STEALERSHIP Tech Man. For FRIGGIN $300, FCI SHOULD INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONS! HECK, THEY SHOULD SEND TECHS OUT TO DO IT :mad:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes, if you look at my signature, it doesn't even say Barker Duals. The big 3 was added at once, although I'm having trouble with the FCI Install. Times like this, I am begging for a STEALERSHIP Tech Man. For FRIGGIN $300, FCI SHOULD INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONS! HECK, THEY SHOULD SEND TECHS OUT TO DO IT :mad:

No kidding, thats why I go back and forth on adding the fci instead of just a hf filter and lid off. If its a large gain over the stock intake boot I'll prob do it over the winter.

Anyone know if the fci will make that much of a difference over the stock one with open lid and high flow filter? Would I have to re map as well?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts