Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to buy a new one and needed to know any info for install. I was told i need some cam lube. And i herd of a installation kit to dial in the degree. Who uses one of these the guy said me 95% of the people who buy a hotcam dont get the instalation kit but if i did i could dial it in / fine tune. Who uses one and will i need one? and what kinda cam lube should i get and how is it applied

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Never even heard of a cam installation kit, at least not for this bike. You'll need some assembly lube, nothing special. Just read the manual, it's not hard to degree the cam properly since there are markings and the process is all laid out for you. Follow the instructions from hotcams and in the service manual and pay particular attention to the proper orientation of the cam and re-installation of the decompression pin.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
pewterpecker said:
Sorry to threadjack, but what's the decompression pin?
Check page 5-19 of your service manual, and hotcam's installation instructions.

·
Registered
364 Posts
its a pin inside your cam that goes up and down as your cam rotates. When you shut off your motor you'll usually hear a clunk...that's the pin decompressing your engine making it easier to start.

Max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts