Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing an extended swingarm on my 700 raptor. I am going to use my stock carrier and axle, my question is, what is the easiest way to pull the carrier out without removing the axle, this way I could slide the whole carrier with axle in my new swingarm.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Pull the stock wheel hub on the right side where the brake rotor is. Take off axle nut. Remove the brake rotor and assembly. Remove the big snap ring that holds the carrier in place. Axle and carrier should then slide out. I just took mine apart today. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Just like Texas700 said and I'll add, just make sure to loosen up the set screws in the axle nut and the pinch bolts at the back of the swingarm and it will come right out carrier and all.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Machy said:
If i just left the stock shock like it was would the swing arm sag and give no stability??? I would only have the swing arm on for drag races...

You can make the stock shock work with a +4

I'm 200 Lbs and I did it and I have a couple friends with 700R's who use the stock shock with a +4 as well. You have to crank about another 1 to 1-1/2'' of preload in it and play with the rebound and compresion settings to suit your prefrence but it will work.After I ran mine for a while I did give it to a friend who races MX and he sent it to his shock guy to revalve it, but to be honest I can't tell the difference (glad it was a freebie) Is it the best way to go? Proabably not, will it work untill you want to upgrade to something better like a Marvin Shaw for drag only, most definitley.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good info from crazy..Revalve your shock if you want the best ride>>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.