Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the process of putting in my new L&L oneway kit. When i pulled off my magneto i found that the oneway bolt heads were completly sheard off all six bolts that and my oneway was seized to my flywheel. Luckly the bolt studs were loose in the magneto so they came out easy, but then i still had six bolt heads lying around the bottom of my motor :wtf:. So i got a flexible wire magnet and fished in the oil passage and grabbed all six heads out. :metal: thank the ATV gods that it didnt do any damage :unsure:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
not that you know of right off hand....knowing that there was shrapnel floating around your motor, I'd check and make sure the oil pump still is functioing right.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do i do that? :3question:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just got my oneway in, and its runs fine but when i first started it i started and stopped it so oil could hit the moving parts so damage world occur. then i started it again and it sounded like that starter stayed on the gear and it wound high like a turbo and sounded like a turbo. so i shut it off and waited a few minutes then tryed it again and it was fine. but then it happened again while i was riding. does anyone know what this is? :'(

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:feedback: :wtf:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright everything works great but now i found an oil leak coming from between the cases and i need top know if you think i would be okay if i could take the case back off wihtout ripping the gasket.(forgot to install small gasket!) how long does it take for a gsket to set and shit like that?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You might get it apart with our tearing the gasket but the cases have been torqued and the gasket squished. Might seal might not. I've reused the gasket for the starter gears, the small one up by the starter, with success. The question is, is your time of possibly doing it twice worth more than the cost of the gasket. My $.02

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah but i have to fix the oil leak either way

·
Registered
364 Posts
what firstraptor is saying is to buy a new gasket for 12 bucks because you may have to take it apart again because of a bad gasket after you've taken it apart to fix the original leak......good grief....now i'm confused. Just buy a new gasket and fix it.

Max

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after everything is done when i first start the bike it sounds like something is rubbing. what could it be? could it be the rollers not getting oil IDK never done this before!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts