Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in order to remove air box the instructions say to remove rear fender. Do i need to remove the battery,disconnect the relays, and cdi? can i just slide it back far enough to take out the air box without breaking anything?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
350 Posts
your back fenders house both your battery, cdi oh and also the fuse box. You have to remove them to take off your back fenders. Its not hard.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You most certainly can get the airbox out without removing the rear fenders. Keep the quad inside where it's warm so the airbox is a little more flexible. Remove the lid and filter, remove the two bolts holding it in and disconnect the hoses on the front. Slide it back as far as you can. Then stand directly behind the quad, put your hand down over the front edge of the airbox, between the locating pegs and pull back. It's tight, but it will pop out. Once it's out, trim the tapered part off the locating pegs and you'll be able to easily yank the box without a fight.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just removed the bolts to the rear fenders to give it some flex. I then got behind the bike. Placed my hand just in front of the battery (between the battery & air box) and pulled the whole fender back while at the sametime grabbing the air box and pulling back and out. All you need is a little bit to clear the two locating pins (pointy things towards carbs) to clear. Pull out and replace the same way. This way theres no need to get into all that electrical crap.

This kind of piggy backs what bigboredinosaur said but you can do it in regular temp as long as you remove the bolts on the rear fender. I think there is 4-6 bolts, I forgot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.