Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys does any one have insurance on there bikes? my buddy has a polaris trailturd 330 and got it insured, would that be a good idea? and do you guys use insurance and how much does it cost?!?!????

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I have progressive on my raptor 660 and on my warrior 350. The 660 cost about 110 per year, with liability, couple thousand in medical, and theft replacement with $3000 in accessory coverage. When I added the warrior with all the same coverage it was only 34$ a year. The more you insure the cheaper it gets.

·
Super Moderator
7,790 Posts
I have it included with 4 other vehicles and my house, so its only about $10 a month. Such a small investment. A while back my brother had a shee that was being rebuilt by someone who pushed it out of his garage to work on daytona motors. When he was going to push it back in it was gone. No insurance so my brother still had to pay off the loan. Took guy to small claims court but that was a big waste of time there.. Also if you happen to hurt yourself while riding it, you are covered.

Long story short....get insurance

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Up here you cannot ride legally without insurance so yeah, everyone is insured. You are only required to get the liability part of it, incase you hurt someone or something with your bike. I got full coverage, it's pretty cheap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
State Farm here, 270/year but i'm covered for just about everything but a rental. Covers medical also. You have to show proof of insurance to ride on public land around here.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Crazy not to insure it for the price.

·
www.gtpoffroad.com
2,576 Posts
i have state farm for both my bikes. It's like $130 for me for Raptor.

I have liability, and then basic insurance on the bike for if it's stolen or anything.

Most Homeowners insurance won't cover anything with a motor over 50cc. I decided i needed it after hearing that.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
hey guys does any one have insurance on there bikes? my buddy has a polaris trailturd 330 and got it insured, would that be a good idea? and do you guys use insurance and how much does it cost?!?!????
I insured mine for theft and fire protection mostly,and if I ever tumble down a huge hill it's going to save my wallet from getting thin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts