Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen anything about it... so, what do you pay and from whom. I've read some horror stories about theft and I would like to get some insurance, I guess it would be nice to have some collision coverage, but mostly just protect my baby from coming up missing, hell I kinda like buying new parts. 8)

·
Registered
130 Posts
i pay $207.00 a year from progressive

·
Registered
657 Posts
$171 a year for two quads, full coverage from American Family.

Jay

·
Registered
83 Posts
$134.00 / a year for full coverage thru Nationwide

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found out that the quad is NOT covered if it falls off the trailer or you get in accident unless you have full coverage. What are you guys having as your deductable? So far $1000 ded. full coverage - $284 /yr. :( Victoria

pile0g00 said:
162/yr for full coverage on 2 quads. Liberty Mutual
You got a phone #? I guess I should throw the ol' Blaster on too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
my deductable is $100

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I pay out the ass with State Farm, but I'm carrying full coverage and I'm covered as a street legal vehicle. It comes to about $750/yr.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
O.k. are you guys insuring your home and cars too? My quotes are in the $250 - $300 range for just my Raptor. $400 - $500 range for both, full coverage and $1000 deductable. WTF~!!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Yes my bikes are on with my house and cars, but I think the ATV does not get a group discount. Somes states just cost more to insure in. Your in Cali, correct? Everything cost about twice in Cali what it does in Utah. Good luck man, I hope you find a good rate.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in Michigan. I'm gonna try to get it through my homeowners. Nationwide said I would get a multipolocy discount of around $30, still over $400 for both quads. Iguess all in all that is cheap to get my baby back if she gets hurt... Still I owe $9000 plus I have some $$ in mods, they'll cover $3000 in extras, but I'm sure I'll be lucky to get $6000 if it gets stolen. :'(

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
My guy asked me what I wanted them covered for. I told him 6000 on the Raptor and 1500 on the KFX. My coverage on my ATVs is full at 25,000/50,000/25,000 and I think I have a 250 deductable. If you are insuring 2 quads at around 9000 each then that may be part of the difference. My Raptor policy is 120, so two would be 240. The KFX is only 44 a year :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ive gotten a quote from progressive and geico both were about $500 for a year, Im 26 with no accidents or tickets on record.

Why am I getting quoted so high?

I dont have any years experience driving other than auto though, would that have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
07HondaTRX450R said:
...I dont have any years experience driving other than auto though, would that have anything to do with it?
Nope. I am about your same age and they did not even ask me about experience. It probably has more to do with the state you are in.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
State you live

tickets/accidents/claims

Theft rate in your area

How many policies you have through a company

and now even your credit rating can all effect the price and probally more things :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.