Raptor Forum banner

Insurance

3K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  SandDragon 
#1 ·
Haven't seen anything about it... so, what do you pay and from whom. I've read some horror stories about theft and I would like to get some insurance, I guess it would be nice to have some collision coverage, but mostly just protect my baby from coming up missing, hell I kinda like buying new parts. 8)

#3 ·
i pay $207.00 a year from progressive

#4 ·
$171 a year for two quads, full coverage from American Family.

Jay

#7 ·
Just found out that the quad is NOT covered if it falls off the trailer or you get in accident unless you have full coverage. What are you guys having as your deductable? So far $1000 ded. full coverage - $284 /yr. :( Victoria

pile0g00 said:
162/yr for full coverage on 2 quads. Liberty Mutual
You got a phone #? I guess I should throw the ol' Blaster on too.

#11 ·
I pay out the ass with State Farm, but I'm carrying full coverage and I'm covered as a street legal vehicle. It comes to about $750/yr.

Shawn

#13 ·
O.k. are you guys insuring your home and cars too? My quotes are in the $250 - $300 range for just my Raptor. $400 - $500 range for both, full coverage and $1000 deductable. WTF~!!

#14 ·
Yes my bikes are on with my house and cars, but I think the ATV does not get a group discount. Somes states just cost more to insure in. Your in Cali, correct? Everything cost about twice in Cali what it does in Utah. Good luck man, I hope you find a good rate.

#15 ·
I'm in Michigan. I'm gonna try to get it through my homeowners. Nationwide said I would get a multipolocy discount of around $30, still over $400 for both quads. Iguess all in all that is cheap to get my baby back if she gets hurt... Still I owe $9000 plus I have some $$ in mods, they'll cover $3000 in extras, but I'm sure I'll be lucky to get $6000 if it gets stolen. :'(

#16 ·
My guy asked me what I wanted them covered for. I told him 6000 on the Raptor and 1500 on the KFX. My coverage on my ATVs is full at 25,000/50,000/25,000 and I think I have a 250 deductable. If you are insuring 2 quads at around 9000 each then that may be part of the difference. My Raptor policy is 120, so two would be 240. The KFX is only 44 a year :thumbsup:

#21 ·
This has been up a lot... check out http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=10478.0

These are from earlier posts of mine. I hope it helps...

The three basic parts to ATV (same with auto) insurance is as follows...

 Liability... It’s subdivided into two categories – Bodily Injury and Physical Damage… Liability protects you. How? It protects you from lawsuits, garnishment of wages, ect. If you run into someone and injure or kill them, then your Bodily Injury liability coverage pays for their medical bills and any lawsuits that may be filled against you (up to your purchased limit). Your Physical Damage coverage pays for any property you may have damaged. (You run into and damage a car with your atv). Liability is normally quoted with in a three number combination with the first two being Bodily Injury amount (first number is per person and the second is per incident) and the third being your Physical Damage amount ex… 25/50/25

 Collision… This is what repairs or replaces your atv (or auto) if you are in a accident and it is your fault. (If it is someone else’s fault then their insurance pays for your damage or your uninsured motorist protection does if they do not have insurance.) Normally a deductible applies.

 Compressive… This is what repairs or replaces your atv (or auto) if you have damage caused by anything other than a collision. Examples… a tree falls on your atv (or car) or it is stolen. Again, normally a deductible applies.

These three coverages together is what is normally is referred to as “full coverage”. In the above example (atv falling off of a truck), if the owner did not have full coverage and had only Liability then his atv would not have been covered by his insurance company.

I normally only recommend (and have on both of my atvs) Liability and Compressive. If I run into someone and injure or kill them, I do not want to have to pay for their med bills and my lawyers out of my own pocket. My Liability covers me there. Also if my atv is stolen, (I’ve had one stolen before) I want $ to cover that.

I normally do not recommend Collision to my customers. Why? For one, it is expensive. Two… If I do something dumb and damage my ride, then I’ll pick up the tab. Three… It’s not worth having that claim on your record for an atv repair. Your Collision ATV claim will show on your loss history report and will most likely affect the cost of your atv and auto insurance. It is not worth having your auto insurance jump up because you filled a claim on your atv insurance because of a dumb mistake you made trying to clear a triple.

If you opt for Liability and Compressive you should be no more than $200 per year in most cases.

I hope this helps!

#22 ·
i got the usa protect thru the dealer.....5yrs for 399.00

#23 ·
$120 a year for comp. w/$100 deductable through StateFarm

#24 ·
Hopefully tomarrow I'll get some more "official" quotes. I'm trying to insure my Raptor and an 02' Blaster (wifes). The Blaster is cheap as hell, as soon as I mention Special Edition I think they climb the price...wtf. Multi vehicle and multi policy discounts seem to be where it's at. They also give discounts for being a member of some motorcycle club, I'll try to get more info on that. Coverage seems to be similar across the board, deductables vary and seem to be better off at the $100 mark. One company actually told me that $74 was collision. So, $457 / yr full coverage; and $383 without collision. I can also dump the medical, which I have through work, and save an additional $44. $339 / yr. for both quads doesn't seem too bad. The only bitch is I still owe $9400 on mine, I'll be so f-ing upside down if something happens it makes me sick. :puke: I'll try to keep posting the rates I get, fyi, I'm having them quote me for my truck and two cars at the same time, so my quotes should include some discounts. Nationwide would NOT insure just the atv's, gotta go all or nothing. :eek:wned:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.