Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got my carbs re-jetted and bolted on my upp intake boots. The issue I'm having is the carbs will not seat to the upp boots. When I first went to install the carbs, I could tell the boots were bigger. I was expecting at lest a firm fit with the clamps loose, but it was almost like fitting a hot dog in a hallway. :mad: Has anyone else had this issue? What did ya do to fix it??

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
I would expect them to be tight without the clamps, but I have no experience with the UPP boots... the real issue, and what really matters, is how tight are they when clamped?

You can check by spraying carb cleaner or starting fluid around the joint when idling. If idle speed changes, there's a leak and there's a problem. Contact UPP. If there's no change, you're good to go.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks QM. I tried to tighten down on the clamps, but the carbs keep trying to pop out when I do. I sent UPP an e-mail asking about this. I will update as soon as I hear back from them. Until then, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Issued fixed. Turns out, I was being to gentle when putting on the carbs. I started to get pi$$ed and pushed the carbs pretty hard when they popped right into place. Got the clamps tightened down and all seems good now. Now I need to go get some fuel, and oil change supplies.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
One thing you can do is spray the inside of the boots and spigots of the carbs with carb clean. It will help them slide in to place but will dry when you heat the engine up. Oil will stay slick and could help them pop back out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts