Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought DMC Comp 4 duals, a DMC fuel controller and a Uni filter for my 07 RaptorSE 700. I am new to the quad world and need some help on how to set all this up.

Question #1: I want to keep my air box due to dusty conditions. If I cut holes in my air box lid and installed the uni vents or bought one of those screened air box lids, would that be all I need to do? Or would I still need to buy one of those intake adapters (not really sure what the adapter does)?

Question #2: Does anyone know what the first three settings should be set to on the DMC efi controller. I am running it now at 3.5,5.5 and 4.5. Should I change that after opening up the air box lid with the vents or screening?

Thanks guys!

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
I'm going to subscribe to this. I got the same controller, I'll post up what settings I'm using tomorrow. I run DMC Afterburners, K&N intake, No Lid. When I go out and mess around with it in the morning I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to subscribe to this. I got the same controller, I'll post up what settings I'm using tomorrow. I run DMC Afterburners, K&N intake, No Lid. When I go out and mess around with it in the morning I'll get back to you.
Did you get a chance to mess around with it today?

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
No man sure didnt, sorry about that. I been beat to death practicing for race season the last 4 days straight that I didn't even get off the couch till around 5 oclock this evening. lol. I'm definatly going to get it tomorrow I promise. I gotta do some maintence before this weekend so I'll be messing with it all day. I just wrote it down on a sticky note to remind me to do it.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
lol, I just remembered to put up my setting on this. I got it wrote down on the wall of my garage. I'll post it up first thing in the morning. I suck at life right now.. lol

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
FML life I'm retarded. I'm walking outside and getting it right now. You just want the idle, cruising, and WOT throttle settings right? (The first 3 numbers)

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Green light is your Pilot Circut light, its your idle and cruise adjusment. I have this on number 5.

Yellow light is your Accelerator Pump, this is additional gas during acceleration. I keep this on setting 5&6 together.

The Red light is your Main Circuit. Its wide open throttle gas. I keep this on number 6&7.

You might want to give/take away from the last two setting due to your elevation. I'm roughly 600-1000 feet above sea level. If theres anything else I can do for ya let me know. Sorry for the wait.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man! Thats roughly what I already had it set at and it seems to be doing fine except when I rev it up and then let off the gas it sometimes dies. What does this mean?

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Yea, it'd be 5.5 and 6.5. Try cutting your fuel back on the first setting and see if that helps your dying problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts