Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok today i put the pro-flow in and rejetted and done the mod in the sticky by freeze and i need help getting it dialed in. i did have a hmf slip on stock air box with 4 3/4 inch holes in the lid. a uni filter. fuel screws 2.5 turns out one clip up on the stock neddles 145 and 150 mains stock piolets and it ran fine. well i put a pro-design intake and did the mod in the sticky.i put 25 pioletrs in and 150 and 155 mains. i havent got the filter yet but im going to put the foam filter in. i also removed the lid when i went to start it i had to give it a little gas then i took it up the road and it has low end power but after that it pops and cracks. will the filter make that much diffewrent or am i going to rejet on up to 155 and 160 mains and up another clip on the mains. oh yea im at 3600 feet.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
If you fall off from 3/4 throttle to WOT, get bigger mains.

·
Registered
343 Posts
pilots too lean turn screws out 1/4 turn each see if it helps. also it sounds as if you went the wrong way on your needles. you said one clip up that lowers the needle. to rich it up you need to raise it. more than likely you should be able to keep it on the 3rd clip

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
first of all- the slip on and air box mods would have made your bike run very lean on 145-150 jets unless your at 6000 ft or running in 120 degree heat.
25 pilots =2 turns left, 2.5 right
4th clip on a stock needle
(second from the bottom when the carbs in the upright position)
try 155-160 mains -this might be a little high for a hmf slip-on..rappys run better on the rich side!

·
Registered
441 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
If you fall off from 3/4 throttle to WOT, get bigger mains.
jlraska said:
pilots too lean turn screws out 1/4 turn each see if it helps. also it sounds as if you went the wrong way on your needles. you said one clip up that lowers the needle. to rich it up you need to raise it. more than likely you should be able to keep it on the 3rd clip
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jlraska said:
i went up on the needle is what i meant. i put a clip under the needle low end is good so i think my pilots are good.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also im running without an airfilter when it comes in a foam one. and do you all think it will richen it up?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
raptsson said:
also im running without an airfilter when it comes in a foam one. and do you all think it will richen it up?
Do NOT run the bike without any kind of filter on it. Don't try to jet it either.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
without a filter crap WILL get into your engine and your jetting WILL be incorrect

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i will wait on the filter and i also put 155 and 160 jets in so when i get my filter i should be about right. i know the foam will richen it up but what about the k&n?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
:3question:

Ok now I'm confused.

Is their a filter installed on the bike right now that would filter air going from the airbox into the intake tubes and into the carbs?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no i put a crankcase filter on but i think when i put the prodesign foam filter on it will be jetted correctly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts