Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you interchange the front sprockets on a Raptor 700, 660 and Yfz 450? Wanting to put a 12t front sprocket on and can't find one. Anyone know where to get one?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
According to renthals part number they are different for the 700 then the 660 and the yfz450. But the 660 and the 450 have the same for all years.

700 = No
660 and 450 = Yes

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Raptor_Ryder7 said:
So a 660 front sprocket won't fit on the 700?
I dont know but they are totally different part #'s from renthal and primary drive. The yfz's and the 660's have the same part #'s but the 700 has a different part # then the others. Doesnt mean for sure it wont fit but its different enough for the companies to have different part #'s so I wouldnt risk buying it unless you can return it or something.

·
Registered
657 Posts
It wont work. I have a brand new front for my 660. I tried to put it on my 700 yesterday. After matching them up, I realized the 660 has a smaller countershaft. It will NOT go onto the 700.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
I dont know why you would want to go lower than stock, first gear is already almost unuseable :3question:. Especially since my buildup I had to go up in gearing for first gear to be even thought about being used.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Lower gears are needed for several reasons for most of us. Where and how we ride is the biggest reason. I ride tight technical trails about half the time plus having bigger, heavier tires for ground clearance and traction. Mine clocked at 23.1 mph in 1st gear. fast enough as far as I'm concerned. If I were riding dunes, then I would gear up.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
....you dont EVER want to go down in teeth on the front sprocket on these 700's. You want to keep it stock or go up to the 15T.
You will have an almost useless quad going to a 12 or 13T..!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Well......almost, you can do 5th gear wheelies :lol: but it wouldnt be the same ::)

haha.....5th gear wheelies with those sprockets would be like doing 3rd gear wheelies with what I got now....plus you would have to be on asphault to get good enough traction to get the front end up...hahahaha

·
Registered
207 Posts
i just upgraded to razr 2's 22" for clearence and traction and i do all woods riding and its too tall now, i was amazed at how much acceleration i lost and you can feel those heavy tires, i just bought a 13t to bring it back to stock gearing

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.