Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy 660r and the motor seems to be locking up. I don't know the year other than its a 02 and up. I took the valve cover off and on the middle valve the spring and retainer came flying off and the stem itself sticking up farther than the other 2. Next you can still roll the motor roughy 180 degrees but something gets in the way or just brings it to a dead stop. The piston is still moving up and down so the connecting rod seems to still be intact. I'm wondering If it's cheaper to rebuild find used or Maybe just maybe it can be fixed and be even cheaper but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have a buddy 660r and the motor seems to be locking up. I don't know the year other than its a 02 and up. I took the valve cover off and on the middle valve the spring and retainer came flying off and the stem itself sticking up farther than the other 2. Next you can still roll the motor roughy 180 degrees but something gets in the way or just brings it to a dead stop. The piston is still moving up and down so the connecting rod seems to still be intact. I'm wondering If it's cheaper to rebuild find used or Maybe just maybe it can be fixed and be even cheaper but I'm not holding my breath.
The piston is probably hitting the valve(s)..
Any internal mods to the motor?....

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Broken valve, remove the head and it should be laying on the piston. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as internal mods I'm not sure. It sucks trying to work on a bike that you know nothing about lol. I can say this is not the first time it's been torn apart though. As far as removing the head the problem there is that I can't get both the bolts out of the cam sprocket because I cant turn the motor enough. Any little tricks about going about this?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
As far as internal mods I'm not sure. It sucks trying to work on a bike that you know nothing about lol. I can say this is not the first time it's been torn apart though. As far as removing the head the problem there is that I can't get both the bolts out of the cam sprocket because I cant turn the motor enough. Any little tricks about going about this?
You can walk the chain over the cam sprocket one link at a time to rotate the cam............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts