Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to see the FAQ links and none of them are showing up so I signed up and did all the things except for this one. Maybe after posting this I will get to read the stickied threads about topics I'm interested in.

I just bought my first new quad, 2019 Raptor 700r, at 40 years old. I've made one payment on it so although I'm having a ton of fun on it, I'm taking things relatively easy because this thing costs more than my last 5 cars combined. I got some crappy vids that nobody needs to see because I use some cheap knockoff gopro'esque cameras to shoot with an old helmet with busted visor and next to no editing experience.

Just looking for some info. Doubt I'll ever be helpful to anyone. Pic is of 2008 Raptor 250R I bought off craigslist for $1200, then spent over $2000 on it restoring it back up to rideable condition before realizing I'm wasting my money and should just get a more powerful new one. So I did. Big blue and Lil blue.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Big difference between the two huh? We had a couple 250's that I originally bought for the wife and daughter then sold them to get another 700 and a 350 for the daughter. Much better platforms.

That FAQ thread seems to not work anymore. But any questions you have feel free to ask. Also look into the BS thread in here if you want to just shoot the breeze. Glad to have you in here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huge difference. I went from a 1987 Suzuki Quadsport 230S > 2008 Raptor 250 > 2019 700R. I can't really ride the 250 anymore because it just feels so bad. The steering feels messed up, it lacks power, and it handles like garbage compared to the 700. Been trying to sell it but nobody has been interested for 2 months.

Anyway, I was curious about some of the FAQ posts like the speed limiter. Does mine have one? I hit 79.84mph this weekend on it. That seems fast enough. There were a couple other ones, like the block off plate that lets air into the exhaust or something (IAS, IIS, something like that). What does that do for me if I do it? Is it good or bad for bike? Mostly stuff that has already been answered, hence them being stickied, so I didn't want to be a revolving door with the same lame questions ya'll probably see everyday and then tell me to 'search' or 'google' the answers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM YOU LITTLE TALKING PIMP!! Glad you're here! It makes me happy in the most gay sense of the word! I find the people who can admit they don't know it all or haven't been doing it forever can be the most entertaining! Hope you stick around!

I know this doesn't answer any of your questions but how did you determine how fast you were going? Also, what where you riding on? Like dirt, sand, gravel, roof tops, lush green valley of biceps or perhaps the street?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Since it's new (2019) you wont be able to remove the speed limiter. At least I don't know a way that will work 100% for 2015 and newer quads. There is a blue wire mod for the older versions but it doesn't work on these. I'd advise you to change the front sprocket to 15T. Simple and cheap mod to gain more speed.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Alamo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts