Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
Try a different throttle body. I believe a Honda works? Or spend some coin and get an Urmosi, won’t regret that choice.

Reactions: CanadianGirl

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts

Reactions: CanadianGirl

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,584 Posts
As soon as I saw the bike hanging from the cable, I remembered it. Then i saw my comment....

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Really like that, would be good for low snowfall areas that my mountain sled is not meant for.
Do you know who makes that?

Ordered some battery heated gloves, socks, and vest today.

Any skid plates that are a lot better than the rest? Or just pick anything and buy it?

Order a Lincoln grease gun on Amazon.

30 or 40 lbs is not terrible, beats being stuck with no way to pull myself out. For longer rides, the extra gas on the rear rack will help counter balance it somewhat.
Had a great ride today, talked my Dad into carrying gas for me.

Is any particular twist throttle kit preferable above the rest, that mod needs to be my priority, my thumb hurts from todays long ride.
I need to learn how to post pics.
For skidplates, I like Yamaha gytr, they cover a little more than other brands and are well made.
I put anti-sieze on the mounting bolts too, as the plates get removed for cleaning. It helps keep the threads in good condition, and has a mild loc-tite effect, keeping the bolts from vibrating loose(I check them).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
A couple pics from todays ride, us two wheel drive riders got through without being stuck by carrying a little speed. The 4x4 quads, they just idle in slow and easy to get across. The creek was deeper than it looked at first glance. We Raptor riders went first, and the big Polaris 850 ridden by my oldest brother was right behind us with his 2500 lb winch ready to drag us out backwards if needed. My middle brother also rides a Raptor 700. I was and am closest of all to my youngest brother, but he joined the Army, and is away. Damn I miss him so much! I'm blessed to have three great brothers, all older than I am, nobody ever bullied me in school, because they knew what would happen if they did.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I used a motion pro twist throttle for a while, the twist was super easy. It felt too easy to twist compared to my MX bike. I liked it, except in gnarly terrain when I was tired and 15 miles into XC race. I would accidentally give it gas about 1 time per race, never wrecked, but had some oh crap moments in rough sections.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I order a twist throttle, 2000 lb winch, and synthetic winch line. My uncle (Dads brother) is a fabricator, is going to make me a custom aluminum front bumper, and with a winch mount built into it. Even my sled, and Jetski have been converted to twist throttles.
My uncle is a great man, he built me a custom made trailer this summer as well. I get asked all the time where I got it, because people want their own. Sadly it is not available to the public.

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
How about a pic of the bike you are enjoying?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello, my name is Ariel, I live in British Columbia Canada, turned 20 in June of this year.
I used to ride my parents utility quads, they have Polaris sportsman 570's, but bought myself a birthday gift in June, a 2020 Raptor 700R SE, rode it about 3 hours over 2 days, then was in a bad accident, and hurt badly. I am doing much better now, walking around, and last weekend even rode it 2 hours Saturday, and almost 3 hours Sunday. I love it, and yes it is 100% stock so far.
I would rather spend a few dollars more to get quality parts, and with that said, want to ask a bunch of questions.
What is a good light bar?
Good winch?
Good rack for carrying stuff?
Good heated grips?

And is there a tutorial thread on how to do an oil change, and other regular maintenance items.
What are you all finding as the ideal tire pressure for it, FYI i am about 51 kgs, or 113 pounds.
Any known weak things that I should change ASAP. I won't race it, or ride it really hard, just fun trail rides, and if I do jump it sometime in the future, it will not be a huge jump, I don't ride crazy.
Thanks in advance everyone.
Ariel
Seems like your trying to turn a sport quad into a heavy duty atv 🤔🤣

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Nah, those of us who trail ride need some type of storage rack, and a winch can get you out when you're alone.
Riding a 4wd automatic couch with pogo stick suspension lacks what the 700 Raptor can deliver, so we improvise!

And, I actually can't belive a 20 year old girl who rides, and rides a 700, can't find a decent guy(her words).
She must live in the BFE part of Canada, lmao!
The guys here would be fighting in line for her!

·
11,584 Posts
I've been riding since the 70's, and many times we had to pull a rig back up to the trail.
And also, pulling a deer up to a road thru thick brush.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nah, those of us who trail ride need some type of storage rack, and a winch can get you out when you're alone.
Riding a 4wd automatic couch with pogo stick suspension lacks what the 700 Raptor can deliver, so we improvise!

And, I actually can't belive a 20 year old girl who rides, and rides a 700, can't find a decent guy(her words).
She must live in the BFE part of Canada, lmao!
The guys here would be fighting in line for her!
Never should ride alone tho I always use a back pack for my storage

·
11,584 Posts
Yep, you're right. But most all of us will occasionally, and a winch is heavy in a backpack

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I agree that riding alone isn't the best idea, for several reasons.
But, if I had to wait for someone to go with me every time I wanted to ride...I'de never get to go, lol.
I also can't stand riding with a backpack, as it makes my shoulders ache, keeps me hotter in summer, and is just free weight swinging to help me crash, and/or land on in a crash.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree that riding alone isn't the best idea, for several reasons.
But, if I had to wait for someone to go with me every time I wanted to ride...I'de never get to go, lol.
I also can't stand riding with a backpack, as it makes my shoulders ache, keeps me hotter in summer, and is just free weight swinging to help me crash, and/or land on in a crash.
Ya I got a shoulder and waste strap one I used to ride alone when I did I was more careful until I was going down a hill in the trees and the right front tire went down into a wash board and flip the atv over on me didn't get hurt but could of been worse plus my brother gos with me every time

·
Registered
130 Posts
I might go riding by myself next year most of the trail in the mountains are popular roads so I was not worried cause I see a lot of pll on the trails sucks I can't go fast most of the time 💔

21 - 40 of 42 Posts