Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a bigger injector, just wondering if it will dump to much fuel or do i need to use a programer with it. All i have done is big gun full exhaust, weisco 11:1 piston, K&N air filter???

·
Registered
262 Posts
I went with the 550 from gesick because everyone I talk to feels the stocker is on the ragged edge of it's duty cycle when you get over 50 hp. And besides it's better to have it and not need it than to need it not have it. :thumbsup: And yes to answer your question it's too much without being able to cut the fuel back with a programer.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
hammer700r said:
I went with the 550 from gesick because everyone I talk to feels the stocker is on the ragged edge of it's duty cycle when you get over 50 hp. And besides it's better to have it and not need it than to need it not have it. :thumbsup: And yes to answer your question it's too much without being able to cut the fuel back with a programer.

That's a head scratcher to me, who is everyone that says the stock injector is at the ragged edge when you get over 50 HP?
How many of them actually own and ride a mid 70 HP or better 700R ?

I make well over 70 RWHP with my 780 and the stock injector is working great for me, I guess I'm just lucky?
Guess SparkyYFZ and all the Kenz high HP 700R's and the RF's 804's are all lucky to ?
That's a whole lot of lucky MFers right there ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
hammer700r said:

That's a head scratcher to me, who is everyone that says the stock injector is at the ragged edge when you get over 50 HP?

I make well over 70 RWHP with my 780 and the stock injector is working great for me, I guess I'm just lucky?
Guess SparkyYFZ and all the Kenz high HP 700R's and the RF's 804's are all lucky to ?
randy what duty cycle is your injector running at? 70 hp is probably maxed out i would think. Mine at 59 hp is at a 90% duty cycle guess i might beable to push 10 more % out of her... maybe...

Capt.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There's other people that work on these bikes besides you lucky mfers and I guess you think everyone but you is a dumbass too. :unsure: :confused: :wave-finger:

If so many people are so lucky then why are the stockers on back order and folks are getting fuel in their oil? Possibly damageing their engine. Now thats lucky right there I don't care who you are. :confused: Besides just like I said I may not need it but for 100$ I'll pay that just to be sure. 8)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes you will need a fuel controller to back the fuel off enough with the larger injector. I recommend the Power Commander. The other fuel controllers don't have enough adjustability to control the larger injectors. If you have the power commander and my injector just shoot me an email with your existing map and I will modify it for you to use with the larger injector.

At 60hp you probably won't be in the 90% duty cycle range, but you will be on the virge of 80%. Anything 80% and over is bad. Plus with any of my injectors you get a 1 year warranty, so for $10 more than a stocker you get warranty and an injector that will actually reliably deliver fuel to higher hp engines......

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
hammer700r said:
There's other people that work on these bikes besides you lucky mfers and I guess you think everyone but you is a dumbass too. :unsure: :confused: :wave-finger:

If so many people are so lucky then why are the stockers on back order and folks are getting fuel in their oil? Possibly damageing their engine. Now thats lucky right there I don't care who you are. :confused: Besides just like I said I may not need it but for 100$ I'll pay that just to be sure. 8)

That's not what I said, you need a reading comprehension class and a attitude adjustment,look at the builders I listed, are you saying these guys are dumbasses and don't know what there doing? :3question: If mapped corectly you will be at 80% duty cycle at about 80 RWHP
not every 700R,there are always some exceptions but untill you have a bike with that much HP on the dyno all you know is what your fed ::)

Oh and :wave-finger: you to :loser:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
captnkllm said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
hammer700r said:

randy what duty cycle is your injector running at? 70 hp is probably maxed out i would think. Mine at 59 hp is at a 90% duty cycle guess i might beable to push 10 more % out of her... maybe...

Capt.
I'm at about 75% duty cycle right now as near as I can tell, I'll know for sure when I get the ignition module and get it back on the again for remapping. It could be your map needs some work or you could just be an exception to the rule.
If the map is delivering more fuel than needed you will be on the higher end of the duty cycle.

Now don't you go getting pissed and giving me the finger, I'm just trying to help you guys out, but some have the answers in there head already and don't want to listen to the guys that are doing it :3question:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Didn't meen to come off pissy but you sounded very condensending with your reply. I didn't say that you absolutly needed one but the guys around here and Terry from gesick said it wouldn't be a bad idea. For me the peice of mind knowing that that is not going to be a problem later on is worth it. Anyway if you knew me you would understand. It's just my overkill obsession. But hey admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. :lol: :lol: :lol:. I'm going thurs to get my bike dyno tuned and we'll see how it works out. Sorry if I came across like an ass. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts