Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a 10.75:1 Compression Piston the same as 11:1 Compression Piston? because the only manufacturer who sells a 102mm 11:1 Compression Piston that i find is wiseco! I was trying to look for a JE piston instead! If they are not the same can anyone tell me who makes a good 11:1 102mm piston?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Wiseco is good stuff. You're better off with the Wiseco than the JE from what I read here and other places.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Both are reputable piston manufacturers but the 10.75 is a definate premium gas runner, the 11:1 is debateable. People are runnin 11:1 on pump with no issues, I am runnin 40/60 mix with mine so I KNOW I wont ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Mia Ruff-Ryder said:
Is a 10.75:1 Compression Piston the same as 11:1 Compression Piston? because the only manufacturer who sells a 102mm 11:1 Compression Piston that i find is wiseco! I was trying to look for a JE piston instead! If they are not the same can anyone tell me who makes a good 11:1 102mm piston?
Is it the same, well no there's a difference in compression ratios. It's not like calling a 760cc atv an "800", these numbers are statistics of the product.

Wiseco makes a good 11:1, and best for the price IMO. CP has some out there and every once in a while you'll come across a Ross piston. If you're looking for a JE piston get one from Sparks Racing with a little reinforcing built in to keep you from premature "problems".

I've not had any detonation/pre-detonation/pre-ignition/pinging/whatever you want to call it problems with 93 octane on 11:1 wiseco pistons with stock heads and either stage 1 or 2 hotcams and a webcam or two. That's not to say that others haven't/don't/won't but it's been my experience that even on the warmest of days under high load it's a sufficent amount of octane for the job.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
A little history on the 10.75 JE piston. These pistons were originally speced by trinity racing for use in their early 686 kits. It is well know that trinity removes alot of metal from the combustion chamber and they based the specs to JE off their combustion chamber mods so the actual compression of the JE 10.75 in a motor that doesn't have the proper amount of metal removed from the combustion chamber is closer to 11.5:1.

Use the Wiseco 11:1 piston or a CP 11:1 102. The Wiseco is the best bang for the buck out there but if you want the lighest piston go with the CP.....but whatever you do, stay away from the 10.75 JE piston, the 12:1 JE is fine to use.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
I weighed my factory piston and my 103mm Wiseco and the Wiseco was a gram or 2 lighter than the factory one....and it is 1mm bigger in diameter so a factory diameter would be even lighter. The CP must be real light.....

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I was not aware that the 10.75:1 was not the actual compression on a stock head, but I suppose that provides a good explanation for why the dynamic cr seemed to be much higher with the JE than the wiseco.

Always eager to learn something new, thanks. 8)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!Too many people talk without knowing out here where i live! If i wouldve never found this forum, Who knows all the stupid Sh!t i would've to my motor(listening to them)!LOL!!! Thanks guys Ima definetly look into wiseco now that i know its not crap (like idiots have informed me) :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts