Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious, is anyone widening their front or back-end on their 700 or is it good?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
lasher10 said:
I'm just curious, is anyone widening their front or back-end on their 700 or is it good?
Alot of people are. If you wanna do it right you get extended a arms and a new extended axle. +2 is a common size. They do sell wheel spacers and widening kits on ebay but if you ride hard or jump alot then I do not suggest that. It will handle and corner much better if its wider but with that comes money demands. :lol:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I was going to pick one to do first, which should I choose?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what if I just changed the offset of the rims instead?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
The rear is the most important, on a high speed turn the first thing to try to come off the ground is the inside rear tire ;). The I would do the front if you couldnt do both at the same time, and the rear is overall the cheapest to do first as well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd have to agree the rear will give more stability, since it's a solid axle it'll help keep the quad flat. Lowering the quad a bit will help, too, as long as that's okay for your riding conditions.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok......so what if I just go with a 3.0 + 6.0 offset rim on the rear. That would give me 2 more inches in the rear. Wouldn't that be the same? If not, which axel should I look at?

·
Registered
497 Posts
The Lone Star adjustable axle is jewelry.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Im running +3 arms up front. I cant afford to buy a rear axle, so im getting a set of extended wheel hubs rather than spacers or adapters.

If your not an aggressive rider, spacers\offset rims\adapters will be fine.

If it was me,id widen the front first. If you widen the rear and not the front, it will not steer as well as the opposite, or both ends done.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As far as using increased wheel offset as an inexpensive way to get a wider stance, it'd work fine in the rear (just not in the front). I wouldn't think one inch per side would affect tracking/steering noticeably. As far as strength I wouldn't expect any problem.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
My 660 has +2 a-arms and it's all the wider I'd ever want it for trail riding in Michigan. How wide is the 700? Wouldn't a +2 a-arm setup put it well over 50"?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Stock is 46". Plus 3" per side, 52". Yeah, a little wide for the woods, but Glamis is a duner. Me, I like it where it is for the most part, but 2" in the swinger would be good.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered the G-force Aluminium Spacers for the front and rear. 1 3/4 for each rear and 1 1/8 for each front. That should put it a little wider then my Predator and thats what I wanted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts