Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a 2007 raptor 700EFI forsale for 2800. It has a nerfe bars, performance exhaust slip on, air filter,and tusk handlebars. I was wondering if it was a good deal the motor is all stock other then that.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal, if it doesn't have any issues.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they say nothing wrong with it just that it has too much power for them.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Once you show up and look at it, check for bad rear carrier bearings, front bearing, hidden zip ties holding stuff on the bike, headlight tabs, look for smoke coming out of the exhaust, check the top of the skids for oil leaks. Ride the bike through all 5 gears, and check the brakes. If you don't find any issues then it sounds like a good deal. If you find any of the above issues you can probably get some more money off. If it has some bearing issues, those are a pretty cheap fix to replace. If you find oil leaks you may have bigger issues. Check the case saver too, to see if they have thrown a chain and possibly cracked the case. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Yeah I'd stand it up and look at the bottom of the case too, had a few bikes I looked at where I was told the bike was mint, come to find the bottom of the case was welded up. Just my opinion, but I would NEVER buy a bike with an issue like that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The rear carrier is on the swing arm, the axle goes through it. Like someone else stated, the bearings are a pretty easy fix (if they're even worn). You can check the carrier bearings by having the rear end lifted up and seeing if the axle has any play in it (if the axle moves up in down in the carrier, it has play in it). The case they are talkin about is where the front chain sprocket is (left side of raptor). If chain has been thrown, there will be ATLEAST marks/groves on the case or on case saver. But some have broken the case and have welded the hole.

In my experience, this stuff doesn't happen all that often. It is something you should definatley look over though before buyin a used quad.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Well it has a performance exhaust slip on and air filter yet no efi programmer that would be the 1st thing you need to buy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This sounds suspicious to me.

I don't think I've ever heard a quad rider say this.

Too much power?

Couldn't you just ease off the gas a little?
They say that they want a smaller quad bc its too big idk if its bad if i look into it ill def check everything now that i no what the stuff to look for is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts