Raptor Forum banner

is it bad to hit full throttle while in neutral?

6K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  X660X 
#1 ·
i see on many videos that people go WOT while in neutral, is that dangerous for the bike?

#4 ·
Everytime I'm at the start the strip I'm bouncing off rev limitor while holding clutch. Then let her go in 3rd at WTFO !!!

#6 ·
And keep it at full throttle even shifting just hit clutch and grab the next gear without letting off the gas

#9 ·
ok one more question.....im bringin my raptor upstate tomorrow and i checked the oil and it was at the low mark. However, a week ago when i changed it it was at the full mark. Any reason for this? bcuz idk whether to add more oil or leave it

sorry im such a noob =)

#11 ·
You need to find out first, if the oil is leaking from some where, (typically drain bolt on casing, or drain on oil tank) or if the engine is just using the oil. I'm hoping it's a leak if it's going down at that rate. If not, and it's just using that much oil, in that little amount of time, you may have more serious problems.

#10 ·
Spider-Lōc;1010730 said:
And keep it at full throttle even shifting just hit clutch and grab the next gear without letting off the gas
"Speed Shift" This is how my dad taught me on my first dirtbike. A KX 60, 2 stroke, 6-speed. Looked like a 50cc, but would keep up with 125's on the trails! :cool:

#13 ·
How'd ya check the oil?

#20 ·
In addition to being on level ground, I'd say this is how you do it. So to answer your question, could there just have been more in the casing, than tank, I'd have to say it's just using that oil at a fast rate, or you have a leak. Unless, the first time you checked the oil, you did it a different way?

#18 ·
Make sure your motor is warmed up before any high revs. Loaded or not!
On a well worn cylinder wall it is possible to have ring failure due to a lip.
Probably never gonna happen on a quad as these don't last long enough to develop a ridge.

#19 · (Edited)
Something else to consider is how much faster you will hit that rev limiter when not under load.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.