Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be a bad idea to put on my intake, exhaust and controller before I get the 20 hours of riding time to break in the motor?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Go for it, I had my 3 mods on there with less hours then that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I have 7 hours. I want to have the mods on for Easter weekend, But know I will be unable to get to 20 hours before next weekend

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I don't see why it would be bad! When you a GYTR raptor from the factory it comes with a pipe and intake. :grin_nod: I don't think they broke the engine in at the plant for 20 hours first :crazy: What about the new big bore engine's, it's all new and you have all this after market stuff on it...

·
Registered
511 Posts
originally mine went on at about 1/2 hr and my rebuild was 0 hrs so do it to it..

CApt.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I have some work to do. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
YUP install some mods soon. Dont want to get it used to running around stock now do you? Break it in with the goods on.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont want to get it used to running around stock now do you?
I couldn't have said it better. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
135 Posts
giver shit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
i believe the motomans breakin tips, but i was told by a powercommander dyno center that they do not recommend putting machines on the dyno until it fully broke in so if you use a map that is good for your set up you may not need to dyno but that is just what they told me but some say the dyno is the best place to break one in. this may be a little off of your topic but just wanted to metion this.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
onelunglow said:
I don't see why it would be bad! When you a GYTR raptor from the factory it comes with a pipe and intake. :grin_nod: I don't think they broke the engine in at the plant for 20 hours first :crazy: What about the new big bore engine's, it's all new and you have all this after market stuff on it...
The GYTR is an SE with different graphics, a bumper, and heel guards. No performance goodies :(.

Shawn

·
Registered
141 Posts
:thumbsup: I had the exact same mods as you have and i put mine on after about 10hrs. I changed the oil, and then added the mods. Then i really could appreciate the true power of the Raptor. IT was night and day ol boy. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am getting the oil changed right now because my girlfriend fried my clutch and it needs to be replaced. I have had a bit of bad luck with the Rappy. The first 20 minutes the decompression valve on the cam broke. Now my girlfriend fried the clutch. The bike has been in the shop more than it has been at my house. I just want to have everything I bought on it and I’m getting tired of waiting.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm waiting to get mine broken in a little before I put my exhaust/intake/controller on. Not because of any concern about modding it too soon, but because I want to get used to the thing, and know it well enough to either be really impressed when I finally do add everything, or really disappointed.
Besides, the sooner I start modding it with the bolt-ons, the sooner I'll want to do internal mods. I'm trying to pace myself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Let it rip, put it on!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts