Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys as you all know im gettin dual exhaust

Monster pipes

Is it dangerous to just slap them on and ride with out rejeting for them cause im getn a prodesign intake n 2 weeks and would rather just jet it all at once
Just wondering if it will hurt anything other then paower lol

Thanka corey

Ps i ran with a slip on with out rejetting it and it ran just fine

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gayyy o well its a stock motor idc lol as long as it aint running weird n boging lik crazy i shuld be ok i hope

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Gayyy o well its a stock motor idc lol as long as it aint running weird n boging lik crazy i shuld be ok i hope
So you aren't concerned with the fact that you asked for advice, and it was given, saying it was bad to run the bike, and you are going to go against the advice and run it anyway, because it's a stock motor? I guess I don't get why you even asked for advice then?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Unless you bought the bike new and know for a fact that it is stock jetting I would guess it has been changed already. Even with only a slip on system the bike would be to lean with factory jetting 140-145 at 500' where I ride. One of the first things I did to my stock bike and others in this area was change the jetting to 145-150 and 25 pilots. I believe that basic jetting change would still be a bit lean for an aftermarket filter system (especially with no lid) and duals...it doesn't hurt to start the bike up with the duals, bring it up to temp and see how it performs; I'm guessing It may require some tweeking.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you aren't concerned with the fact that you asked for advice, and it was given, saying it was bad to run the bike, and you are going to go against the advice and run it anyway, because it's a stock motor? I guess I don't get why you even asked for advice then?
Aha yah pretty much was hopeing ppl were gonna say its ok but then i relized wtf its a stock motor and im doin the top end anyways n about a month

But yah ill have to mess n learn to jet my own stuff its gonna be a shot in the dark ive never messed with this stuff before kinda scared
Its a stock bike with duals hav no idea where to even start with jetting
Elevation is 500-1000 where i mostly ride its 779 at st.joes in missouri

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aha yah wut do you guys know lol sorry im n a goofy mood kinda excited gnna order the pipes today :D
But i guess ill just ride around on the stock pipe:(

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I would just call Monster and see what they suggest for a starting point, or there is always the chance to ask the question here if you can't find it using the search. It just doesn't make sense to me to go out and chance messing up your motor just because you are too anxious to wait for your jetting to be done correctly, whether it's a stock motor or not.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yah but it being my first time its gnna take me lik 2-4 hrs to get it jetted right probly lol but i know i can ask you guys and help me out .which is what im gonna do ..i did send a email to monster asking what to start off with .with the pipes and open air box

But you guys are right ima just wait and have it done right but first ima install the shit n snap some pics :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.