Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was practicing pulling wheelies outside my house the other day, and in first gear, in order to get the wheels up i had to give it quite a bit of gas, and it was revving mad high........just wondering if theres any danger in blowing the engine, or how hard it is to blow an engine.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
its gonna cost you alot of it comes apart do to rpms, more than likely the rod will break and come through the cases. its a real good motor and pretty strong. just dont understand why u would have to rev it at all to get the wheels up in first, or second for that matter. they wheelie super easy. maybe yours is blown already lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I was practicing pulling wheelies outside my house the other day, and in first gear, in order to get the wheels up i had to give it quite a bit of gas, and it was revving mad high........just wondering if theres any danger in blowing the engine, or how hard it is to blow an engine.
R u sure u were in first? I don't even use first gear... for anything...and keep ur mouth off ur raptor...thats just weird:wow:

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Under the right circumstances, it's very easy, I've blown dozens of engines................:D
Not all of them were Raptor engines.................:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's easyer with knee pads LMAO

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You're going to fast in first if it's Erving that high before coming up I can pull 4th gear wheelies like nothing.

·
Registered
598 Posts
To help the little guy out you old perverts, lol although funny. Maybe your clutch is slipping or your cable needs adjusting. First gear at high rpms should put you on your ass and your raptor blowing you lmao had too.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
You have to be doing something wrong. A stock 700 will easily flip your but in first.
Are you in loose gravel?
Are you using the clutch at all?
Slide your but back a little and pull at the bars when you goose it. Keep your foot resting on the rear brake in case you come up too far, too fast.
Wear a helmet!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok well from what im seeing, there might be something wrong, because i was on pavement, and i pushed the throttle mayb 3/4 of the way in, so its revving pretty damn high, but the front still doesnt lift that easily......

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Like the one member said earlier, how fast are you rolling when you try to come up? Maybe you're already at about max speed in first.
If your rolling fairly slow and goose to 3/4 with no clutch it should come up easily on pavement.

·
Registered
473 Posts
try second unless you are wheelieing from a stop. first is way too low and short. I have found they wheelie way better in lower rpms.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ok well from what im seeing, there might be something wrong, because i was on pavement, and i pushed the throttle mayb 3/4 of the way in, so its revving pretty damn high, but the front still doesnt lift that easily......
your spinning then, my buddy on his 700 does standstill wheelies in 3rd gear, the torque in 1st gear is mind blowing(pun intended)...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok so i was just on my raptor and my vapor said the rpms were like 2600 in first gear as i was speeding up, but the revs seemed very high.......is that normal, or do you think my vapor is off?

anyone know the highest rpms in first gear while not harming the engine?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts