Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the new 700se... ok ,, i killed everyone on the snow that day ,, uphill down hill around hill it was myself.. a banshee with a heavy guy ,,lol,,,, and a few big ass 4x4..quads.. now dont get me wrong the 4x4 unstopable... it was the 4x4 that let me into the woods ,, made a nice track somewhat like a rail all i had to do was gas and hold the phuck on,,, any way ,, i amde it 2 the top of every hill they did ,, not 2 mention a few that they didnt even attempt ... the bansheee fast assss hell on the street put a 3 inch snow and a fat guy plus a uphill maybe 10ft climb no chance,,, is it just me or is the 700 the snow king ,, [not 2 mention my first time on a quad period.. never done clutch stick.. motorcross... virgin,,,, all of them seasoned vets...great feeling... you have no idea...well maybe you do ... 8) 8) ;) :eek: 8) : :lol: :lol: :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer: :eek:wned: :eek:wned: :wave-finger: :wootwoot:

·
Registered
644 Posts
:loser:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I experienced almost what you are talking about. My buddy and I went to the mountains last weekend. He has a kawi brute force 750 4x4. Well we got to this steep ass dirt road that climbed to the top of this mountain atleast 1/2 mile from the bottom of the road to the top. Well It was a wet snow that hadn't had any tracks in it yet. I let him go first (it was about 3-4 ft of snow) and he got a running start at it and started trucking his way up there. Well I got tired of waiting after I lost sight of him around the bend, and decided to make a go at it. Well I was WOT in 3rd going up this and was just skimming across the top of the snow. I weight about 205 plus the rappy. And my buddy being on his brute has about 300lbs on me. I was flat smoking up that hill when all of a sudden he was stopped! So it totally stopped my momentum and I had to stop. He got stuck in a 4 1/2 ft snow drift that just sucked him right into it. He finally got through it and now it was my turn. Well it took me about 10 min to try and get going. I kept getting high centered in the snow on my swingarm skid. My buddy made it probably another 50ft up the road and got sucked into another drift. I had him walk down and try to give me a push to get some kind of momentum. Well I finally got some traction and took off like a bolt of lightning spraying snow in his face. I said F this and decided to blow past his stuck brute to see if I could make it to the top. I finally made it to top, totally excited. Well needless to say I had to turn around because 1. My buddy couldn't make it any farther in his 4x4!!! and 2. the snow was a helluva lot deeper at the top and it wouldn't be fun trying to ride around in it. Well that was my experience and my buddy was blown the hell away that I made it to the top and he didn't! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats great ... i couldnt see getting a 4x4 as your only quad as a second sure ,, take it out make a trail for your real toy thast what they are good for,, i cant wait 2 get into a mud pit and see how deeeeppp i can take it,, 8)

·
Registered
779 Posts
i'm sorry, 4 1/2 feet? that is pretty much over the bars deep, you mean inches right? there is no way any atv will go through 4 1/2 feet of snow, just isn't going to happen

I have a hybrid mountain/trail snowmobile and I have to be really giving it shit to make it through that kind of stuff....the machine basically disappears in the snow as you are riding cause it's all coming up over the top

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
having been a raptor owner and now a renegade, i can tell you this, i was doin 65mph in 6 inches of snow in 4wd hi wot, and in a corn field.......well i know damn well a raptor wouldn';t be fun in 6 inches of snow and damn sure wouldn't be able to go 65mph in it ( it was wet heavy snow with a inch of ice on top of it..... :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Funny how people that aren't there want to start flaming on someone. Trust me, I kind of see why Tiggy started flaming on me, but I know what I went through. I'm pretty sure I've never flamed anyone on their stories now matter how off the wall they sounded. What I forgot to say was that the snow was packed down descently from snowmobiles riding over it countless times. But there was about 6 inches of new snow on top of that. Reguardless, I won't post anymore rappy stories. If anyone actually wants to hear stories, then PM, otherwise I'll just keep my comments and stories to myself. Look forward to hearing some stories from other people on here. Happy quading.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
these were taken about a mile before we got to the road I had talked about. This here is about 2-3 ft of snow. Notice where we are standing is where it wasn't packed down. But where the quads are, had been packed down from the snowmobiles going through there.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
RaptorFreeeek said:
Anyone else want to flame? Go ahead. I apologize for sharing one of my first Rappy experiences. :(

RF
YOU ARE GAY!!!! J/k :) Keep postin stories.. who cares what people think, your always going to get the shit talkers..

sweet pics dude! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
looks like alot of fun! im jealous! lol most snow we got here was a measly 5 inches. youd have thought the ice age hit though from peoples reactions. 5 inches and the news casters were dubing it "the storm of '07" how lame. if they wanted to see some snow...call montana lmao :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unfortunetly we don't get any amount of significant snow here in california but....I agree with you and your Rappy! I have the same quad and I love this almost as much as my wife! :lol:

I can't wait til we go to Glamis or Dumont.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Raptoraddict said:
Hey Freeeek, no one is banging on you, just want to make sure of the situation so that we can help. Now that you mentioned that is was a packed snowmobile trail with some snow on it, I bet everyone can believe it. Keep Posting! PS Can you name this plane?

Hellcat

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
sweet pics, nice rappy! , we had went for a ride in about 8 inches of fresh powder, it did pretty good, better than i thought it would, then we hit some trails that were a bit deeper,and got stuck about 5 times, if we could keep momentum it was ok, but every once in a while it would get stuck, i was on my friends sled in front of him packing a trail, but that was the only sled and fresh powder so it wasn't very packed or very wide, just enough to open up some riding room, then we got about 13-16 inches total and now they say tomarrow 13 more??? i hope they were wrong, i think the rappy might be done for untill spring.... maybe ride on the river after snowmobiles get it packed down... anyways, good pics, nice story, keep posting fellas.
p.s, krandall hopes your gay cuz he's "available"

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes momentum is key with a Rappy in the snow. :thumbsup: I've logged almost 100 hours so far in the snow here this year, most utility guys are pretty impressed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i was on packed but did hit wheel deep snow just dont stop or changed gears :bump: :wave-finger: :rocket:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.