Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy told me he raced a 700 with his 660 and beat him he has only a pipe air box mod the 700 just the pipe dont quite believe mabe :3question:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Periods and commas my friend. ;)

It's certainly possible, more possible if it's a piped 660 vs a stock 700. But it's unlikely in that situation that it was the bike beating another bike, so much as a rider beating another rider. With equal mods the 700 stacks up equal or better than the 660.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Owning both I can tell you that if they are evenly modded and the riders are evenly skilled the 700 will come out on top everytime. My 700 pulls much harder then my 660. Take a mildly modded vs a stock 700 and it be very close. I have raced my brother a few times, he on the 660 and me on the 700, we're both about equal riders but I am about 30 pounds lighter, and the bikes both have the 3 basic mods, and I pull him by a few lenghts everytime.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Possible YES...likely, NO. I had an 03 raptor 660. Went to the 450 cause my 450 ran circles around the 660 stock and modded.
Now my 700's run circles (in most circumstances) around my yfz.

Riders have a lot to do with it...but machine to machine or mod to mod, the 700 will walk the 660 any day of the week. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I was under the impression, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that when a 660 is piped w/ a pro-flo kit and no lid the hp numbers were very similar to a "3 modded" 700. Now that's not to say the 700 doesn't do a better job of getting that down to the ground, but I thought the engine outputs were quite similar.

I'm asking from a numerical perspective, not trying to correllate heads up racing results directly to output.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Maddog56 said:
I was under the impression, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that when a 660 is piped w/ a pro-flo kit and no lid the hp numbers were very similar to a "3 modded" 700. Now that's not to say the 700 doesn't do a better job of getting that down to the ground, but I thought the engine outputs were quite similar.

I'm asking from a numerical perspective, not trying to correllate heads up racing results directly to output.
I think it all depends on the setup and IF you have the carbs perfect on the 660. Even then the 700 makes more torque and like you said, seems to get the power to the ground a LOT better.

All I know is what I have experienced. I have not put my 700 up against a 660....just cause I know what my 450 did to mine.....and now I know how the 700 and 450 stack up. Came to my own very obvious conclusion.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can only speak for my 660 and I didn't have it very long. It was a total dissappointment stock but after pipe/intake it was beating equal modded 450s. It was beating other 660s by even more though. I spent a lot of time and research setting up the carbs and it payed off. I can't tell you that my 700 is faster than "my" 660 was but I can say that I've beaten every 660 I've raced with my 700..............(if that makes sense.......... :crazy:)
Anyway, which ever one was faster in my case I'd still rather have the 700 hands down. The handling of the 660 scarred me a little and seemed like a dangerous quad...... :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I owned both the 660 and 700 SE. Now olny owning the 700 SE. hands down the 700 the boss,with way better handling. The bike is just got it all. I liked my 660, but the new 700 SE I Love!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I guess its just all in the rider. Walked 3 700's today, along with 1 at the shop where my bike was re-jetted today. All of them where 3 mod's one was an LTE/proflow/PCIII/no lid and put down the same HP but a little more torque then my sparks/proflow/jetted/stage 1 hotcam/moflow lid. He was the only bike who came out on top and only by maybe 1/2 a length until we topped out and this was on the street no spinning issues. Switced and rode his SE and wow what a ride compared to mine, I really wouldnt mind owning a 700 it was incredibly comftorable and the power is very predictable vs my 660 which is very torque. I think he has a video of us doing wheelies side by side wiht a radar clocking at 60mph :grin_nod:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Its possible. I havent seen it done, but a 660 with the right mods and a skilled rider could pull it off.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Glamis700 said:
Its possible. I havent seen it done, but a 660 with the right mods and a skilled rider could pull it off.
Hey man the lights you have in your sig do they plug right in as a rreplacement bulb? 660 needs new headlights 8)

·
Registered
120 Posts
My 660 was faster than most 700's. I had full Yoshi pipe, jetted, bored, air box and front and rear sprokets. I could take on most 700's even with pipe and efi. However my 700 now is untouchable :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
03Rappy660 said:
Glamis700 said:
Hey man the lights you have in your sig do they plug right in as a rreplacement bulb? 660 needs new headlights 8)
He has posted pics before and now they are a completely new housing and mount. Look kinda like banshee lights.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just got back from the dunes. My 700 is still stock and my buddy was on a 660 full exhaust and intake. (Im unsure what else he has done). He would beat me up the big race hills. I would be right with him at the bottom but when we were about half way up he would pull away. Now I also raced him on flat ground and we would get to the top of fourth gear. I was about 1 bike legnth in front of him when we started to slow down. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
I have ran my buddies 700. I can get him through the first three gears. He passes me in fourth and can get me by a bike length, maybe a bike and a half before we go to fifth depending on how good of a start he or I can get. In fifth if he's ahead, I can catch up but not enough to pass.

I have stock sprockets, he has a 15 tooth front and the rest of the bike is stock.

I truly believe my bike has much more torque, but in a drag race I'm no match with my mods in a straight line race. Around a track, I can hold my own. I hardly get above fourth gear where we normally ride.

If you have a mildly modded bike (stage I or II cam, exhaust, etc.), you would have a much better shot. The 700 is a fine machine, but spend some cash on a the big three mods and they are even better.

~Brian

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
pile0g00 said:
I always find this topic funny. Any bike can beat another bike given the right situation...
In the originator's defense, he WAS referring to a particular situation. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Maddog56 said:
pile0g00 said:
I always find this topic funny. Any bike can beat another bike given the right situation...
In the originator's defense, he WAS referring to a particular situation. :thumbsup:
Ding! Yup, you might be racing through tree so thick that only a 50 can fit, but it would still win. You might even have a blaster on the bottle with a 100 lb rider beating a big bore with minor mods and a big rider... All I am saying is anything is possible and a discussion like this is futile and pointless, but to answer your question… Yes a 660 can beat a 700, but a 350 can also beat a 700. Heck put my mom on a 700 and an 80 can beat a 700 :lol:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Come on now Brian! You know I beat you by more than that hahah.. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts