Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to purchase the ccp steering stabalizer just wanted to know if this product is high maintenance ? how often would you have to re-build this product ? and is it easy to install on a 2007 yamaha raptor 700 gytr or are there modification you would have to make? . thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
It will take about 5 minutes to install...no modifications needed, as for maintenance....I have done none in two years.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I haven't done any in 2 years. Everything is still fine. I'd say it will depend on how much you're riding it. For example: XC riders would probably want to rebuild theirs after a season or two.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I'm planning to purchase the ccp steering stabalizer just wanted to know if this product is high maintenance ? how often would you have to re-build this product ? and is it easy to install on a 2007 yamaha raptor 700 gytr or are there modification you would have to make? . thanks for the input.

I have 2 from when CCP first arrived on the scene around 2008 and have never had an issue with them.....They also sell a rebuild kit with all the seals and o-rings you need to rebuild one, if you want to keep it on hand....

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've had mine since 08. Arm that connects the stem to the stabilizer itself had the bushing wear out on the stabilizer end of it. Gotta pull it apart and fix it before I bust it, I hope there is a bushing in there. It's like a pencil rattling around inside of a 5 gallon pail, ok not that bad, but it's clearly shot and you can hear it clunk when you turn the bars with engine off. I'm mainly a woods rider.

·
Registered
621 Posts
My mates got one on his and his never rebuilt it or had any problems 8)

·
Registered
587 Posts
No issues with mines either.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
3 Plus years on mine no probs yet. :)

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
So he sells kits to rebuild a component that never needs to be rebuilt? That's strange. Didn't Preddy rebuild his a while back? Did he just do it for fun?:D
Never say never....lol.....:D

I got mine because I have 3 right now and did not want to wait for an order if I ever did need one repaired.

I`ve not heard him say they "never" wear out....Just that he will fix `em if they do....I can fix things, so if one started having a problem, I would not have to send it in and wait to get it back.

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looking for some handlebars?

Thanks you guys for the input on ccp steering stabalizer , I picked one up waiting for shipment. I am 5'8 215 pounds and looking for some handlebars for my 2007 gytr raptor. I need some input and ideas . I mostly do dune riding in glamis. I was doing some research on pro taper seven eighths. are they any good? if not what are some good handlebars that are good for my size and the type of riding I do . thanks for the input !! RAPTORFORUM.COM ROCKS.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Thanks you guys for the input on ccp steering stabalizer , I picked one up waiting for shipment. I am 5'8 215 pounds and looking for some handlebars for my 2007 gytr raptor. I need some input and ideas . I mostly do dune riding in glamis. I was doing some research on pro taper seven eighths. are they any good? if not what are some good handlebars that are good for my size and the type of riding I do . thanks for the input !! RAPTORFORUM.COM ROCKS.

Trail Tech X Bars with the medium rise....:D.....Polished and with polished clamps.....Look good and feel good ! I also have a bike with Pro tapers and I personally like the Trail Tech better. I am also about your size.....Maybe a little slimmer.....lol

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
Never say never....lol.....:D

I got mine because I have 3 right now and did not want to wait for an order if I ever did need one repaired.

I`ve not heard him say they "never" wear out....Just that he will fix `em if they do....I can fix things, so if one started having a problem, I would not have to send it in and wait to get it back.

~ Sandaddy 8)

Preddy took his apart to see how it worked and phucked it up......Damn kids :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts