Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my PC3 in the other night and just curious if it is water proof because I tend to go in alot of water :D

By the way looks like a great site :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would say no. I am going to cut a ballon and wrap it around mine unless someone has a better ideal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would say it's not waterproof , but I would think it's water resistant. I think it could get splased but not submerged in water.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Water proof.... No

Water resistant... Yes to a point of course.

I would just protect it the best you can and it will be fine.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
yeah, water repellent. I have got mine plenty wet and muddy without any problems. I also pressure wash my quad and I have yet to have any problems.
Of course common sense tells me NOT to directly power wash the unit, or go bombing across a 4 foot deep river. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I would expect it is epoxy filled, with the exceptions of the connections. Making it VERY shock & water resistant. (damn near water proof)

But someone should call DJ and let us all know!
:grin_nod:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hallz said:
I would expect it is epoxy filled, with the exceptions of the connections. Making it VERY shock & water resistant. (damn near water proof)

But someone should call DJ and let us all know!
:grin_nod:
I have one in the street bike too.....and I have run through some of the worst damn rain storms with it and NO problem.....

·
Registered
429 Posts
I know from past experience that the biggest problems with the pcIII is the connections. Simple fix dielectric grease and electrical tap to keep the joints as water proof as possible. I have mine mounted in the air box where that thing they call a tool kit used to reside, If that get's full of water I got bigger problems than jus the computer...lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts