Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wonerding, would I be able to beat a stock outlaw 525 with a stage 2 cam, 11:1 high compression piston, LTE Duals, and a proflow airfilter????(With a P3 ofcourse)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Well there havent been too many face to face encounters. I would say if it were stock and you have what you say then two riders with the same skill racing then the raptor should win. Thats purely a guess of course since I havent had the chance to ride or race the 525 yet. I did race and ride the Outlaw 500 and it felt sluggish and in the race I came ahead by a few bikes but unsure of what the 525 can do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, see, I was under the impression that it was geared really low so it had good acceleration off the line but, that is just what I was told, I have a Polaris 800 RMK and a custom XCR tripple 800 in a RMK body with a 156" track and man, those things really can take off!!!!!! So that is also why I thought that the 525 can really pull off the line. ;)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It might, I have never seen one run in person. They might schred balls for all I know. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Here we go again. :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks like the rookie forgot to let go of the twist part of the throttle! :lol: I bet he wont make that mistake again. :eek:

·
Registered
494 Posts
GYTRrider said:
Hey, I was wonerding, would I be able to beat a stock outlaw 525 with a stage 2 cam, 11:1 high compression piston, LTE Duals, and a proflow airfilter????(With a P3 ofcourse)
Are you serious? Id bet my money on your bike no doubt. In fact, im sure my bike with the 3 mods would smoke a stock 525. Stock for stock, the 700 should win still. The Raptor has a huge cc advantage. The 510 outlaw may be DOHC, but it weighs about the same.

At high rpms, the 510s HP may match the 700s, but the torque will not.

·
Registered
912 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i couldn't do shit but :lol: when he hit that wall. the dude laughing didn't help the situation. i must have replayed it at least ten times. :lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Glamis700 said:
GYTRrider said:
Are you serious? Id bet my money on your bike no doubt. In fact, im sure my bike with the 3 mods would smoke a stock 525. Stock for stock, the 700 should win still. The Raptor has a huge cc advantage. The 510 outlaw may be DOHC, but it weighs about the same.

At high rpms, the 510s HP may match the 700s, but the torque will not.
Lol.

With the mods, for sure, stock for stock, not so sure.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
with those mods you better beat a stock outlaw, if not then i'd seriously look into trading my rappy in for a outlaw, cuz you'r pushin some good power with all those mods,, and if you do loose, let me know,cuz i will cry and go buy an outlaw myself!!! ..ok maybe i wouldn't but still, you have a nice set up so you better win! win one for the RAPTORFORUM!!!!!
also, that was a very funny crash, i couldn't stop laughing,...............as long as it wasn't anyone here!... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
p.s. where you located at GYTRryder? sounds like some nice sleds you got!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
GYTRrider said:
I absolutely love it when a new bike comes out. People get scared to death that they'll all be beaten. That gets expressed as cautious optimism, anger, jealousy, unwithering confidence, cockiness, and the messing of one's pants.

Judging from the HP output found on the comparison dyno runs from trx450.org the two machines are pretty close stock for stock. 700 owners it's all going to come down to modifications over stock and rider ability.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was reading this post, when i noticed someone posted up that the 525 was a DOHC.. I new the 500 was a DOHC but for some reason i thought the 525 was a SOHC just like the Raptor. Could someone correct me on this?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Raptor700Ryder said:
I was reading this post, when i noticed someone posted up that the 525 was a DOHC.. I new the 500 was a DOHC but for some reason i thought the 525 was a SOHC just like the Raptor. Could someone correct me on this?
They must've gotten them mixed up.

From polaris industries website:

Engine Type 4-Stroke SOHC
Displacement 510 cc

All it says is keihin carb, I think it's an FCR but does anyone know what size?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NICK said:
p.s. where you located at GYTRryder? sounds like some nice sleds you got!

I live in upstate NY, I'm mostly into vintage sleds though, I got 3 1976 650 tripples they are pretty frickin crazy, I just got done rebuilding one. I would put a pic of it one here, I just can't figure out how. :help:

1 - 20 of 106 Posts