Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I found a BRAND NEW 2008 yfz450 for $5500.....just wondering, is this a good deal?
Possibly, is this a bike that has been on the showroom floor? or an individual who says it's been parked in my garage since I bought it and can't find the time to ride it?
In 2008 you could find a YFZ for around 6200-6700 so 5500 is about 1000 off retail. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
well this is a showroom bike......does that change anything?
I never buy NEW, but If you want a shot at a new FCR carburetor model for woods racing at a pretty good cost (POSSIBLY NO WARRANTY) it's not a bad deal especially if you plan on keeping it a long time....but remember the resale value drops hard on a 4-year-old bike.
You buy it today for 5500 with no warranty and tomorrow it's only worth what a used 2008 is selling for which is around 3500. I like the carbs better in the woods but without a warranty on the motor you really are pissing away 2000. I'd find a used one for 3500 then take the extra 2000 and bank it for any future repairs or mods you may want to add. Used bikes come with some good mods like wheels, tires, shocks, axles, bumpers, clutch baskets.....all amounting to thousands of dollars. Good luck.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i've never bought new since i've found almost all of my quads in like-new condition over the years, but just remember.....that price is going to up, and up and up once the dealer hits you with tax, fees, etc and whatever else they add in, so it might not seem like a good deal in the end

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i've never bought new since i've found almost all of my quads in like-new condition over the years, but just remember.....that price is going to up, and up and up once the dealer hits you with tax, fees, etc and whatever else they add in, so it might not seem like a good deal in the end
Good point on the sales tax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts