Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its a 06 white raptor. Thing has been rolled a time or two. But now that i know how to ride im making my quad clean again. So i sanded down all the scratches and got them looking smooth. But there is no gloss and they get scuffed way easy and just dont have that new look anymore. so is there anything i can do? Or am i stuck trying to find some clean white ones for sale? I would guess you couldnt just clear them as it might crack???

·
Registered
115 Posts
You could try a torch but you gotta be careful and not hold it too close or in one spot for too long. But it works. I used it on a set of red plastics that were about 12 years old and sat outside in the sun for about 8 years and they looked great after I was done. Not brand new but had a great shine to them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wished i could paint but i have full fenders and transport it on a open trailer i dont think the paint would hold up for to long before it started cracking. Ill look into sc1 it sounds like what i need. How does that blow torch method work? Just make some sweeping passes on it? and somehow it makes them look shiny again?

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
I wished i could paint but i have full fenders and transport it on a open trailer i dont think the paint would hold up for to long before it started cracking. Ill look into sc1 it sounds like what i need. How does that blow torch method work? Just make some sweeping passes on it? and somehow it makes them look shiny again?
Paint lasts pretty good as long as it's applied right. You can even paint a convertible top and have the paint stick.... but it's costly

possibly an easy solution...Krylon Fusion Clear Coat-like $3.99

always wondered how it would work, still not sure
Please GOD Nooooo...
What Josh said.... noooooo Krylon Fusion lol

·
Registered
850 Posts
Pnut can paint some shiizz up. I heard he uses watercolors though...

·
Registered
115 Posts
How does that blow torch method work? Just make some sweeping passes on it? and somehow it makes them look shiny again?
Yes, you just make sweeping passes. It works because the plastic is colored all the way through so when you heat it melts slightly and brings the fresh color back out. Here is a video of someone doing it. They are trying to remove some scratches but you can see how the plastics get whimsy again while he is doing it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should have known to check youtube lol. Well thanks guys i think im going to do a combo of the blow torch then finish with sc1 hopefully i have some clean plastics afterwords

·
Registered
115 Posts
Let us know how it works out for ya man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.