96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 yamaha raptor 700r for $4000

is this a good deal? it seems good to me

fyi the quad looks brand new and has like 20 hours on it

·
Registered
749 Posts
price varies with area, but i bought my 2006 in 2008 for that price and it was practically new.

can you post an ad or a pic? a lot of people say "it has only been ridden in a field" or "it has low hours"....meanwhile the tires are aftermarket tires that are already worn and there are wear marks all over the engine where you shift and where your legs rub.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2008 700R bone stock, and have $2650 in it. This was a great price I felt a year ago when the prior owner and I did some swapping. We found each other on Craigslist and the guy wanted a couple of dirt bikes as a trade so we both got what we wanted. There are some decent deals around if you take your time.

·
Pity is freely given, Jealousy is earned
264 Posts
If you think its a good deal then do it. You can compare prices at web sites like kbb.com to give you an idea of what they should be selling for. It might also help you in making an offer.
Once you buy something you almost always find a better deal latter. Just depends if you want to wait.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Seems kinda high for here in minnesota, they bring 3500 to 3000. Since there's no hour meter you just have to inspect the quad and look for wear marks like what were previously said.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I always compare what I am buying to other identical models with similar mods etc on craigslist and ebay. Craigslist will give you a good understanding of what you are getting. I have seen raptor 700 in good condition around me starting at $2 and going up to $4k.

Make an executive decision. Personally it would have to be imaculate if I paid $4k. My 06 I just paid $2k with title and runs great, needed minor TLC at first but it was minor. Good Luck either way

·
Registered
43 Posts
what year did yamaha start adding the odometer for hrs and mileage for the raptors?
2009 models were the first that had the odo and hour count from factory

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ditto on finding one for 3k. If your diligent and watch CL you will eventually find some in the 2k area that need some TLC but will be good enough bikes IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts