Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bone stock 06 other than an Iridium plug and i was wanting to take the baffle or whatever we want to call it out of my exhaust. Is this an OK thing to do or is it not worth the headache of trying to get it out or what. Will she run lean or shitty or whats the deal with it,, i wasnt gonna do it until friday so some feedback today would be cool. Got a ride on sat and sunday so i just was thinkin bout doin that before i go down that way. thanks nick :help:

·
Registered
120 Posts
buy an aftermarket exhaust. You spent so much money on the rappy, its not worth to play around with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Pull the baffle for the weekend, The bike will run fine but you won't notice much performance gain. Some baffles come right out, others are a pain. Good luck!! Start saving for a new exhaust, BIG improvement!!

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Mine wasn't bad but I've read some real horror stories.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just pull it out, there will only be a difference in sound, then on monday order your new 3 mod system :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
+1

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had to let mine heat up wiggle and ride a few minutes wiggle some more ride a few minutes then the sucker poped right out... I did however bend the thing up pretty good getting it out though :eek:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Doesn't matter if you trash it, It'll be a paperweight when your new exhaust comes in anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pure Junk :ripped:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok thanks just what i wanted to know. now on the other hand any one willing to donate $$ for the 3 mods. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Will you take a check? :lol:

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
rap7hundred said:
ok thanks just what i wanted to know. now on the other hand any one willing to donate $$ for the 3 mods. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
lol,

I'll donate if you'll donate to me! :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
With a high flow intake, good PC3 map, and gutted stock pipe you will notice a BIG difference over stock. Poor man's big 3. I ran that setup for a long time and it worked great. If you dont have the intake and fuel management though, you probably wont notice a huge difference. If $$ is an issue and you can only afford to do things 1 step at a time, buy the PC3 and high flow intake, then buy a good exhaust (CT, LTE's, or Barker's) when you can afford it. Fuel Moto has really good prices on the PC3 and has a great map for GYTR high flow intake and stock exhaust w/o spark arrestor.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SLCRaptor700 said:
With a high flow intake, good PC3 map, and gutted stock pipe you will notice a BIG difference over stock. Poor man's big 3. I ran that setup for a long time and it worked great. If you dont have the intake and fuel management though, you probably wont notice a huge difference. If $$ is an issue and you can only afford to do things 1 step at a time, buy the PC3 and high flow intake, then buy a good exhaust (CT, LTE's, or Barker's) when you can afford it. Fuel Moto has really good prices on the PC3 and has a great map for GYTR high flow intake and stock exhaust w/o spark arrestor.
I appreciate it. I kinda figured by adding 2+2 on here that the pc3 is what needs to be bought 1st. But i didnt think about the intake 2nd. Ill do that. I may sell my stereo system out of my car to mod up the rappy. I have like $1800 dollar worth of stuff that i would probably sell for 650 or so. Im considering but we'll see. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
with my stock spark arrestor i just took out the screw and rode for like an hour then it poped out. the bike didnt run to good without it so i put it back in. with it out the bike hesitated bad when i stabed the gas. it did sound bad ass thou.

G

·
Here is my take...

Always check your plug first. My bike was rich as could be from the dealer - black as sh!t and soaked w/ fuel ~ no matter when I checked it (also the case for my friends SE)! After taking out the sparky and taking the airbox lid off the bike decided to come alive and devour poor little fyz's...

Also, running lean is not a horrible thing (as long as you don't do it for tooooo long).
The average rider will want to run rich - as to preserve your engine (cooler temp)
A racer will want to run lean - more complete and hotter combustion...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts