Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends.. Please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may or may not remember me.. I asked on information for a 2020 Raptor 700R SE how the process may be to take it from California, USA to Guadalajara, JAL (Mexico) and well, the import fee was a no-go. I settled to instead look for a quad in Guadalajara a 100km distance radius within their Yamaha authorized dealers. Out of about 10 dealers, they all told me the Yamaha plant was very delayed with their orders. Weeks later I started seeing them pop up in So Cal dealers, so I waited more and still nothing in Guadalajara.

I finally found a quad, after about 2 months of searching, but not a 2020. I found a very clean 2017. Can you please take a look at the pictures, and suggest what I should ask the guy to verify the machine is in good standing?

He buys and resells bikes and quads, and he even has another 2017 that looks virtually brand new. In this one with the color I want, only the tires are what seem excessively gone. If I were to pull the trigger on this, I would immediately change those tires, and bumper. Eventually, many many things such as exhaust w/ the Big 3 and nerf bars.. Honestly a whole bunch of stuff. He also sent me a video with the engine running and it sounds very healthy.

Okay so asking price was $168,000 MX Pesos, which equates to around $7600 USD converted with the Mexican federal bank conversion rate. I am sure I can go as low as $160,000 which equates to around $7200. Is this a good or bad asking price?

At this point I am pretty desperate lol which is not in my favor when I am trying to buy something big. I can have someone in Mexico go over and take a look at the machine and inspect and what not. It's a 2017 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE.

What do you all think? I'd greatly appreciate any feedback!

Also, I'd appreciate it if you can complete the poll at the top of my post! In case you don't want to reply :( THANKS!:)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
It actually looks really good.
I would assume the tires are shot because it was street ridden.
And it doesn't take much of that to wear them out.
I have seen 3 of that same year and color sell near me this year.
The asking prices were, $6500, $6800, and $7200 for them.
All sold, but for what exact price I do not know.
I have also seen several '18, and '19's sell between $6500 and $7500 asking prices.
Considering a new one is $10k+
and if the one you're looking at is as good as it seems, I would think that the price is not bad.
Maybe you can get it for less considering it needs tires too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Price always depends on where you are. Prices back east are always cheaper than they are here on the west coast. I don't know if it has to do with being closer to the factory or if there is just more demand out west. Sixpack says he has seen 18-19's go for 6500-7500 and he is on the east coast. Here on the west nice 06-07's are going for 6500 and a 18-19 in bad shape would bring 7500 all day long. So the price really depends on where you are located. The prices here also change a little the farther into winter you get, but haven't seen any drop yet this year.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Price always depends on where you are. Prices back east are always cheaper than they are here on the west coast. I don't know if it has to do with being closer to the factory or if there is just more demand out west. Sixpack says he has seen 18-19's go for 6500-7500 and he is on the east coast. Here on the west nice 06-07's are going for 6500 and a 18-19 in bad shape would bring 7500 all day long. So the price really depends on where you are located. The prices here also change a little the farther into winter you get, but haven't seen any drop yet this year.
Hasn't dropped here either. The market is crazy this year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
that thing is pretty clean, I've seen 2016+ sell in California for $7-8k so not far off, usually seeing a newer quad with tires changed is a deal killer for me but as in Mexico riding in the streets is a regular thing, you might get away with it not being beat on internally and someone just used it as a means of transportation and not fun cause its super clean looking, worst case you'll have to change the clutch fibers which is a good idea anyways, the closer to $7k since you don't have a good amount to choose from the better, if you have your buddy go look have him look for excessive head noise likes valves really lose or of course blowing smoke along with clutch use see if it slips at all but if all checks out mite be a good buy

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Someone is bias, lol
Wow those are high prices for 08's, but, west coast, I'm not suprised.
I need to buy every one I see here and sell it there for triple!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Someone is bias, lol
Wow those are high prices for 08's, but, west coast, I'm not suprised.
I need to buy every one I see here and sell it there for triple!
if shipping wouldn't eat most of the profit I would love to work with swapping states on quads! that yellow 06 and red grey 08 would easily sell for 4600-5200 in southern California

1 - 11 of 11 Posts